1. ASB Faculty, Prof. Shobhana Madhavan, wins ISTD Best Book Award

Prof. Shobhana Madhavan, faculty at the Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore has been awarded the First Prize (2012-2013) by ISTD for her book 'Cross-cultural Management – Concepts and Cases.' The Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD) is a national level professional non-profit society. It has a large membership of individuals and institutions involved in the area of training and HRD from Government, public and private sector organizations and enterprises, educational and training institutions and other professional Bodies. It has 40 chapters throughout the country with the national headquarters at New Delhi.

 

The textbook by Shobhana Madhavan on cross-cultural management published by Oxford University Press in 2011 has been well received by top business schools in India. It has been adopted in IIM-Kolkata, IIM Bangalore, IIM Lucknow and TAPMI.

 

2. Seminar on Sustainability through Social Entrepreneurship 2013-11-16

 

3. Inauguration of 18th MBA batch, Coimbatore 2013-06-17

The inauguration of the class of 2013 – 2015 (18th batch) at Coimbatore was held on 17th June 2013 at Amrita School of Business premises.

       

Mr. Sriram Natarajan, Managing Director of CIRCOR Flow Technologies, Coimbatore was the Chief Guest for the programme and shared his rich experience with the new batch of students.

       

Dr. P Venkatrangan, Vice Chancellor of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham addressed the students and welcomed them to Amrita fraternity.

       

Mr. Krishna Shastri, Joint Director CIR, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, addressed the gathering and shared the placement scenario in the country and the support provided by CIR to the students in getting themselves placed.

Prof. Shrikant G Kulkarni, Chairperson, welcomed the students and the parents to the campus.

ABOUT THE BATCH OF 2013-2015
The student profile of the new batch is a good mix from across the country, with 15 states being represented. 65% of them male and rest of them (35%) are constitute female category. The average age of the batch is 22 years. About 64% of the students joining in this batch are Engineers. The other 36% are from various fields such as Arts, Commerce, Computer Applications, Management, Pharmacy and Science. The selection criterion for the MBA program is based on the CAT score and the average CAT score of the batch is 70.

About 30% of the students are laterals having average work experience of 2 years in various industries such as banking and finance, IT and ITES, Automobile, Engineering, Energy and Media. The organizations they come from include CTS, TCS, Infosys, HCL, Patni Computers, CRISIL, Thomson Reuters, L&T, Keltron etc.

4.Speech by Dr. Latha Ramchand, Coimbatore 2013-07-19
 


 

5.MBA Program – 2012-14 (17th Batch) Inauguration

The inauguration of the class of 2012 – 2014 (17th batch) at Coimbatore was held on 18th June 2012 at Amrita School of Business premises.

Mr. R.Sundar, GM and Head – Central Management Team, L&T, Coimbatore was the Chief Guest for the programme and shared his rich experience with the new batch of students.

Pro-Chancellor of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Br. Abhayamrita Chaitanya, addressed the students and welcomed them to Amrita family.

ABOUT THE BATCH OF 2012-2014
The student profile of the new batch is a diversified mix, with representation from more than 14 states and 35% of them being women. The average age of the batch is 22 years and 64% of the students joining in this batch are Engineers. The selection criterion for the MBA program is based on the CAT score and the average CAT score of the batch is 70.

About 30% of the students are lateral entrants with an average experience of 20 months in various fields.