Doctoral programs in Medical Science at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham are designed to impart contemporary medical and scientific insights on research students to lead and survive in an increasingly challenging global environment. Incorporating state-of-the-art educational facilities that meet international standards, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham facilitates collaboration and cross-disciplinary research in various Medical Sciences by combining the latest technology with core human values. Amrita offers PhD’s in various interdisciplinary areas of study leading to a DM/ PhD in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nanosciences, and Ayurveda.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in PhD in Medical Sciences at Kochi campus may write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amrita Centre for Advanced Research in Ayurveda (ACARA) is overseeing the PhD program at Amrita School of Ayurveda. Candidates interested in PhD in Ayurveda at Amritapuri campus may write to email@example.com
Doctoral Programs in Medical Sciences at Kochi Campus
The Medical Sciences campus at Kochi comprises of the School of Medicine, the School of Dentistry, the College of Nursing, the School of Pharmacy and the Amrita Center for Nanosciences co-located with Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Committed to providing value-based medical education, these educational institutions strive to instill the qualities of dedication and service in the youth. Candidates seeking admission in Medicine, Pharmacy and Nanosciences can enroll their names in the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham campus at Kochi, if they meet the conditions laid down by Amrita.
Doctoral Program in Medical Sciences at Amritapuri Campus
Candidates seeking admission for PhD Program in Ayurveda can enroll their names at Amrita School of Ayurveda, Amritapuri. Presently, the PhD Program in Ayurveda is open to faculty members of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. In the near future, applications will be invited for candidates who are not affiliated to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Eligibility for Admission
Full Time PhD
Applicants holding a Master’s degree are eligible to apply for admission. Examples of Master’s degree include: MD, MS, DNB, MDS, MPharm, PharmD, MBBS + 2 yr. diploma, BAMS + 2 yr. diploma, M. Sc., MCA, MS by Research and MPhil
All applicants are expected to have strong academic records.
Part Time PhD
Applicants who have a full-time appointment at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham or at another academic/ R&D organization are eligible to apply for part-time admission. Other eligibility requirements of such applicants are same as full time applicants. Part Time students are permitted to proceed at a slower pace in completing their doctoral requirements.
In order to encourage exceptional students in Bachelor’s and Master’s programs at Amrita, students are allowed to pursue Ph. D., and can be considered for Integrated Ph.D. admission. Completion of undergraduate degree is mandatory for such applicants.
Dual Degree PhD
Exceptional students who satisfy the eligibility requirements of Amrita and that of Amrita’s International Partner University (IPU), as stated in the Dual Ph. D. MoU signed between Amrita and the IPU, are eligible for admission to the Dual PhD program.
At Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham over 200+ Scholarships are open under
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Dean’s Fellowship
- International Scholarships
- Industry Sponsored Scholarships
- Research and Teaching Assistant Scholarships
- Candidates with Fellowships from national institutions like UGC NET and CSIR
- Candidates working in Research Centre / Funded Project
- Candidates with International Scholarships
- Candidates with Fellowships/ Scholarships from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Self Funded Research Scholars
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Research and Teaching Assistants
- Sponsored candidates from Governmental, Semi Governmental and recognized Private Institutions
Thrust Areas of Research in Medical Sciences at Amrita Campuses