Biotechnology Admissions - 2015
Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham is a University established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The University focuses on higher education and research in the areas of Engineering, Medicine, Management, Science, Education, Mass Communication and Social Work. The University has five campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Kochi and Mysore and around 15000 students studying in various disciplines.
About School of Biotechnology
- A Trailblazer in the Biotechnology arena since its inception in 2004, with established UG and PG programs in Biotechnology and Microbiology.
- Accredited by NAAC and UGC with “A” Grade and established as a TIFAC Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in Biomedical Technology under the DST Mission REACH program.
- Stellar (95%) placement record for M.Sc. graduates at all major Biotechnology institutions and companies across the country and globally.
- Dedicated faculty with extensive research experience in labs across USA and Europe, now pursuing research projects of immediate societal impact with substantial funding from DST,DBT,ICMR, CSIR,MHRD, KSCSTEC and the Bill and Melinda GATES Foundation along with ongoing collaborations with major Universities including Oxford and Cambridge(UK), Scripps and Berkeley (USA).
- Large number of Ph.D students enrolled for the Ph.D. program with research fellowships (JRF, SRF) from DBT, CSIR, BMS, ICMR and guidance from established experts in their respective fields of research.
- State of the Art infrastructure and research facilities with strong industry collaboration facilitating student project internships and subsequent placement (e.g. Agilent, Biocon, Intas, Lupin, Piramal to name a few)
- Research focus spanning a wide spectrum of areas including Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Wound Healing, Computational Neuroscience, Proteomics, Neurophysiology, Phytochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Venomics, Phage Biology, RNAi, Virtual Labs, Matrix Biology & Green Energy
- Recently selected for the Bill and Melinda GATES Foundation-DBT-BIRAC Grand Challenge India Award for the project to explore novel approaches to sanitation solutions in India.