The Executive Masters in Public Health (MPH) course is a strategy driven course formulated with the aim of creating leaders with cutting edge skills in research and public health.
Purpose of the course: To equip participants to gain public health expertise in their corresponding specialties and to establish leadership in research.
No. of Seats: 30
Duration of the course: To be completed within 2 years (extension can be given upto 1 year)
Total duration of the course is 2 years with a total of 100 credits. There will be regular classes held weekly on fixed days. On other days assignments and field activities will be conducted.
Didactic sessions, seminars, Journal clubs & Assignments
Consists of 4 core suites & 1 Add on suite
- Core suite 1 - Basic epidemiology
- Core suite 2 - Applied Biostatistics
- Core suite 3 - Nutrition, Environment, Occupational Health & Population Science
- Core suite 4 - Health Policy & Health system research
- Core suite 5 - Add on Suite (To select any one topic of interest)- Different options for electives will be provided during the two year course. It will be available in the pattern of workshops, CMEs etc on topics of public health importance such as health economics, epidemiology etc. The candidate can select any one topic of interest.
There will be a total of 100 credits with, 60 credits for the 5 suites & 40 credits for dissertation which needs to be published in a PubMed or Scopus indexed journal.
||Name of the Core Suite
|Core Suite I
|Core Suite II
||Applied Biostatistics & demography
|Core Suite III
||Nutrition, Environment, Occupational Health & Population Science
|Core Suite IV
||Health Care, Health System Management & Health Economics
|Core Suite V (Add on suite)
||Cross cutting topics in Public Health practice
I. Basic epidemiology includes principles of epidemiology, quantitative epidemiology, epidemiology of infectious & non-infectious diseases. Various research methodologies such as descriptive studies, case control studies, randomized controlled trials etc. Qualitative epidemiological studies & Critical Analysis of Published Epidemiological Studies Design and execution of surveys with public health importance will be dealt with.
II. Applied Biostatistics & Demography includes methods in Biostatistics &research methodology, advanced Bio-statistics & Advanced special topics, Analysis Concepts and methods in infectious disease& non-infectious disease, Statistical methods and SPSS applications. Also includes vital statistics and demography
III. Nutrition, Environment, Occupational Health & Population Science includes Environmental and occupational epidemiology & Environmental Health and human ecology, Pollution & Waste management, Environmental safety, Medical entomology and Principles and Relevance of Industrial and occupational health, hospital and health care management.
IV. Health Care, Health System Management & Health Economics includes Health planning, Policy making & analysis, Implementation, Monitoring & evaluation, Health system analysis, Operational research.
Add on Suite (To select any one topic of interest)
V. Cross cutting topics in public health practice inclusive of project management, evidence informed decision making, health economics, public health nutrition , quality assurance
- Assignment completion- There will be 4 Sets of Assignments in each of the suites, accounting to a total of 20 assignments. All assignments need to be successfully completed before appearing for the examination.
- Open book examinations by the end of each year requiring a 50% pass.
- Attendance requirement will be as per university norms.
- MPH degree certificate will be provided only after the research paper has been Published in a PubMed/Scopus indexed journal or after the submission of the acceptance letter for publication.