Admissions open for the academic year 2018 at Department of Social Work, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. The program is offered at Amritapuri and Coimbatore campuses.
The Amrita MSW is a two-year full-time residential program which requires high levels of concentration, long hours of work and sustained commitment from students. Its credit-based system allows tremendous flexibility in matters of course design, curricula, timeframe, teaching and learning methodologies, and evaluation procedures.
The curriculum is on par with that of the best international institutions in the field of Social Work, while taking into account the specific requirements of the Social Work profession in the Indian context.
The AMRITA MSW Advantage
- Among the 3 categories of Deemed Universities in the country, Amrita is placed in Category-1 by the MHRD, GOI
- Qualified and experienced fulltime faculty
- Nationally and internationally recognized experts as visiting faculty
- Wide and diversified settings for concurrent field work, unmatched learning experience through closely supervised field work
- Block placements and internships in nationally & internationally reputed voluntary (NGOs/ INGOs) and corporate organizations, government departments, as well as at the development projects of the Mata Amritanandamayi Math
- Credit-based curriculum and continuous evaluation under semester pattern
- A dedicated in-house ‘Training & Placement Directorate’
- Students from different parts of the country including North and North East India.
- International alliances and excellent infrastructure facilities
- Unparalleled benefits of living and studying in a huge campus