We are happy announce that the 2019 Admissions are open for the Master of Social Work, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham are in full swing! The MSW program is offered at both the Amritapuri and Coimbatore campuses.
The Amritapuri MSW is a unique program offered by India’s only UNESCO Chair in Gender Equality and Women’s empowerment. It is a two-year full-time residential program which offers world-class opportunities in the field of Social Work.
The curriculum is on par with that of the best international institutions while taking into account the specific requirements of the Social Work profession in the Indian context. The MSW program maintains a healthy balance between classroom sessions and field practice.
Amrita has been in a long-standing cooperation with foreign universities, organizations and related institutions. These innovative programs prepare students to become advocates for social equality and social justice.
The AMRITA MSW Advantage
- Among the 3 categories of Deemed Universities in the country, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is placed in Category-1 by the MHRD, GOI
- Qualified and experienced full time faculty
- Nationally and internationally recognized experts as visiting faculty
- Wide and diversified settings for concurrent field work, unmatched learning experience through closely supervised field work
- Block placements and internships in nationally & internationally reputed voluntary (NGOs/ INGOs) and corporate organizations, government departments, as well as at the development projects of the Mata Amritanandamayi Math
- Credit-based curriculum and continuous evaluation under semester pattern
- A dedicated in-house ‘Training & Placement Directorate’
- Students from different parts of the country including North and North East India.
- International alliances and excellent infrastructure facilities
- Unparalleled benefits of living and studying in a huge campus