Amrita is India’s only UNESCO Chair in Gender Equality and Women’s empowerment. The Amrita MSW is a two-year full-time residential program that offers world-class opportunities in the field of Social Work, and the gender equality topic is only one of many strengths in our program. Our social workers are prepared for multiple career possibilities, from working in hospitals, NGOs, government positions, working with communities and individuals, or working at national and international levels. Our program prepares students to take a prominent role in the significant and urgent real-life current challenges facing our world community, from environmental and other disasters, to understanding mental and physical distress of children and adults from the individual to the community, national, and global levels, to being able to critically evaluate and devise innovative solutions for the challenge at hand.
The AMRITA MSW Advantage
- Among the 3 categories of Deemed Universities in the country, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is placed in Category-1 by the MHRD, GOI
- Qualified and experienced full-time faculty, including international faculty
- Nationally and internationally recognized experts as visiting faculty offering workshops and seminars
- Wide and diversified settings for concurrent fieldwork, unmatched learning experience through closely supervised fieldwork
- A strong emphasis on exciting research activities to prepare students to publish their own high-quality research papers in peer-reviewed international journals
- Dedicated mentorship and close supervision by experienced research guides on student research projects
- Block placements and internships in nationally & internationally reputed voluntary (NGOs/ INGOs) and corporate organizations, government departments, as well as at the development projects of the Mata Amritanandamayi Math
- Credit-based curriculum and continuous evaluation under semester pattern
- A dedicated in-house ‘Training & Placement Directorate’
- Diverse student body including international students and students from all over India.
- International alliances and excellent facilities and infrastructure
- Unparalleled benefits of living and studying in a large campus