ICTS Students Info
How can I Login to the Campus network?
Every Student will be given a username and password. Students can use their Id number as the Username. You should change the Password immediately after log on in order to avoid security threatsClick here to view the Login Procedure for Windows and Linux
How can I Change my Amritavidya Password?
- Click here for Windows
- Click here for Linux
How can I recover my lost password?
Students may contact the Software Lab Administrator or Lab In-Charge and request for a password reset. Students of Bio-Technology and School of Business can contact the ICTS Help-Desk at Phone Ext: 6600 for assistance. Alternatively, Students can walk-in to ICTS office,A-103,University Main Building and request for Password resetudents have to produce their identity card and login name for the same.
What is Single sign-on (SSO) and why do I need it
By default students will be provided with the following two accounts:
Single Sign-On is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications.
With Single Sign On you can:
- Login to any computer , any Operating System(Windows/Linux)
- Use the Computer Resources(Internet, File Server, Wi-Fi)
- Access Amrita mail: All PG Students are provided with Email accounts. For UG students, email account is provided on request.
My Account is Blocked or Banned!
You may have violated either the University Rules or Network policy or the Lab Rules. Please Contact the Lab Administrator or ICTS Help-desk
Do I have access to Internet
Yes. Internet access is available in First floor Internet Café. You can also register your personal Laptop with ICTS to get access to Wi-Fi connectivity.
If internet access is required for Lab purpose, please contact the Lab Administrator.
Please refer to Internet Usage Policy and Laptop Usage Policy.
Link for Laptop Registration: http://icts-portal.amrita.ac.in/public/lapregistration/
Where do I save my data files?
You can backup your files in your user space in Saktimayi file server. Each user has space in the file server (Saktimayi). You are given a file store quota of 50MB.
Data stored in this space is backed up on a daily basis.
If you have accidentally deleted any file, you can contact the Lab Administrator and raise a request for data restore.
Only under exceptional circumstances can this quota be increased and verification of any such request will need to be granted from your school/Faculty subject head.
Steps to follow to access Saktimayi file Server:
- Click here for Windows
- Click here for Linux
Whom shall I contact if I have an Issue?
Students can now report any issues related to misbehavior or harassment in Lab to the Lab Administrator.
If you have any Medical Condition that limits your movement to First Floor Lab, please contact the Lab Administrator to check for alternatives
To escalate any issues, Please contact:
Mr. Anoop V.K,
A-103, First Floor, University Main Building
Call at phone Ext: 6601
What other Services can I avail as a Student?
- Students are provided with printing facility in the Ground floor and First Floor Labs. You can contact the Lab In-Charge for assistance.
- Students can take permission from Lab In-charge and use USB Pen Drive to copy your files.
- Students can also avail copies of software (GNU/freeware/open-source) by contacting the Lab In-charge or Administrator. Software copies are provided depending on Requirement and software availability.
- Reprography facility is also provided and students can avail the services by paying a minimal charge.
- If any Additional Hardware is required, like headphones or DVD drive, for your Lab requirement, please contact the Lab In-charge or the Administrator. Your request will be reviewed according to the requirement for that hardware.
- If any special software is required for Lab, or academic purpose, please inform the same to the Lab Administrator.
Can I Book Extra Lab Session?
Yes. Apart from regular lab hours, students can use the Lab during extra-time.
Extra Lab Timings given below:
Weekdays: 4.30pm to 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.00 am to 5.00pm.
To avail extra-lab, students must reserve the Lab computer one day in advance by means of a Lab Reservation Request Form. Those who want to do extra lab session need to take permission from Lab In-charge and enroll your details into the Lab Register.
Please check with the respective Lab In-charge for Hardware and Software list to check if they meet your requirement. Any additional/special software required need to be mentioned on the Requisition form.
Students are requested to be present in the Lab 10 minutes prior to your Lab Slot. Students need to produce their ID card and the Request form, counter signed by the Staff In-charge to the Lab Administrator or In-charge.
Can I Re-Schedule my Lab session?
Yes. You can re-schedule the Lab session, provided the same is communicated to the Lab In-charge 2 hours prior to the reserved time slot.
Can I access the University Resources on my Personal Laptop?
Yes. You can register your laptop with ICTS and get access to University’s Wi-Fi network, by paying the Laptop Registration fee at the start of a semester. The fee needs to be renewed every semester.
Wireless connectivity is available in hostels as well.
Refer to the Laptop Usage Policy