1. How do I get Wi-Fi on my personal laptop?
The process is as follows:
2. How do I get Wi-Fi on my personal mobile device?
Staff is allowed to have Wifi on their mobile device. The approval of respective HOD needs to be taken. The rest of the process is as follows :
Students are not allowed to have Wi-Fi access on their personal mobiles.
3. Which Group Account do I fall in? and What are my rights and privileges w.r.t Wi-Fi?
Under the broad category, staff or students.
4. What are my rights and privileges with respect to WiFi?
5. Do I have 24-hour access to WiFi services?
6. What is the bandwidth available to me?
7. My network is slow during certain times? Why is that?
8. I am not getting Skype / Chat on my system?
9. Where can I find information about connecting to the campus network?
10. Connecting to Amrita WiFi with Windows 7?
11. How do I connect using Windows XP?
12. Everything looks fine in my network control panel, but I can't get an IP address. Why?
13. Why do I have to enter a two-step authentication code so often?
14. How do I turn off my wireless connection?
15. Can I invite someone to create a Guest Account? What are the conditions?
1. What is a VPN and why would I want to use Amrita's VPN?
2. How do I register to VPN on my personal laptop, when away from the campus?
3. I have a Windows system. Where do I get the VPN client and how do I install the software?
4. I have a Mac running OS X; where do I get the VPN client download and how do I install the software?
5. Why would I use SSL VPN?
6. Which operating systems, browsers, and Java environments does the SSL VPN client support?
7. How do I disconnect my VPN?
8. How do I login to use my VPN?
9. I am having problems accessing a network resource. How do I troubleshoot this access?
10. I don't have VPN on my computer. Help?
11. How secure is Amrita's VPN?
12. I have Amrita DSL. Do I need the public VPN?
13. How do I configure my local firewall to work with VPN?
14. How do I connect to VPN on my laptop?
15. How do I view restricted library information from off campus?
16.How do I disconnect my VPN?
17. How secure is Amrita's VPN?
1. I need access to a fire-walled site. However I need access to it inorder to finish my assignment/project. How do I gain access?
2. Is my system protected against hacking? What are the measures taken?
3. Is my work-station updated with an anti-virus system? What are the measures?