Accounts, Access & Others for Students
Accounts, Access & Others
- What is Single sign-on (SSO) and why do I need it
⇒ Single Sign-On is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications.
With Single Sign On you can:
- Login to any computer , any Operating System(Windows/Linux)
- Use the Computer Resources(Internet, File Server, Wi-Fi)
- Access Amrita mail: All PG Students are provided with Email accounts. For UG students, email account is provided on request.
- My Account is Blocked or Banned!
⇒You may have violated either the University Rules or Network policy or the Lab Rules. Please Contact the Lab Administrator or ICTS Help-desk
- Do I have access to Internet?
⇒ Yes. Internet is accessible in the Central Library at a reasonable charge and digital library with free internet access for educational search. You can also register your personal Laptop with ICTS to get access to Wi-Fi connectivity.
If internet access is required for Lab/Project purpose, please contact the Lab Administrator.
Please refer to Internet Usage Policy and Laptop Usage Policy.
- Can I access the University Resources on my Personal Laptop?
⇒ Yes. You can by registering your laptop with ICTS and getting access to University’s Wi-Fi network, by paying the Laptop Registration fee viaAccounts Department. The fee needs to be renewed every 6 months.
Wireless connectivity is available in hostels as well.