A strong password has the following features:
- Password length has to be minimum 8.
- It must not be equal to your current password, previous passwords, SUNet ID, or password reset answer
- It must not be a single word that appears in the dictionary (English or non-English)
- It must be composed only of characters in the Roman alphabet, numbers, or symbols on the US keyboard. Examples include characters such as # $ % ! @.
- Consider using four or more unrelated words with mixed capitalization, separated by punctuation or spaces. If you have trouble remembering a longer password, write it down on a piece of paper, put the paper in your wallet, and use the same caution with it as you would with a credit card.