Vidyut Entrepreneurship Workshops Conducted
The Entrepreneurship track at VDIYUT 2K14 included a workshop and a boot camp on consecutive days. The workshop were highly interactive and combined presentations, videos, critical analysis and real-life examples. Boot Camp participants received a compressed training in developing the plans for the most important social businesses that could help India's villages. These plans also had to be viable as a business.
Amrita TBI conducted Social Entrepreneurship Workshop on Jan 31st and Feb 1st 2014 as part of Vidyut 2k14 - National level Multifest.
The Topics covered were
- Case Studies of Social Businesses in Action
- Overview of the Concept of Social Business
- Case Studies
- Tools for Formulating Your Social Business Model
- What is your business idea? How does it solve a particular social problem? How can it be done in a self-sustainable way? And how can it be scaled up?
- Identification of "Target Customer" Needs
- Understanding the Social Problem and the “Target Customer and Beneficiary” Needs
- Group work: Identify the target customer/ beneficiary segments and their specific needs in your project
- Defining/Refining Your Value Proposition
- What specific products or services can you offer to meet the identified customer needs? Why are they better than existing alternatives?
- The Whole Product concept
- Delivery mechanisms and Go-to-Market Strategy
- Group-work: Define the “Whole Product” of the product or service you intend to offer, and the go-to-market stages
- Financial Analysis & Projection
- Understanding Social Impact Metrics
- Data collection requirements & methods
- Group-work: Identify the key metrics for measuring the social impacts of your business
- Social Impact Assessment
- Resource Requirements, Activity Cost Estimation, and Funding Requirements
- Sources of Revenue Stream Generation
- Group work: Work on the financial analysis & projection of your social business
- Putting It All Together
- Completing & Refining the Working of your Business Model
- Presentation Techniques
- Group-work: Refining the key elements of your Business Model to create and deliver the value to the targeted customer segments
Workshop : Understanding Entrepreneurship and Review of Harward Business Case Studies of successful global companies
- Basics of entrepreneurship
- Key aspects of business plans
- Business model generation
- Competitive analysis
- Idea to execution
- Build teams and analyze business opportunities
- Look at Harvard Business case studies of a few successful global companies
"Social entrepreneurs are not content just to give a fish or teach how to fish. They will not rest until they have revolutionized the fishing industry"
- Bill Drayton | CEO, Chair and Founder of Ashoka
"Social entrepreneurs identify resources where people only see problems. They view the villagers as the solution, not the passive beneficiary. They begin with the assumption of competence and unleash resources in the communities they're serving"
- David Bornstein | Author of "How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas"