Our lab is currently focused on the identification and characterization of Natural Product Lead molecules and understanding their role in:
- Regulating Matrix Metalloproteinases and oncogenic signaling systems
- Modulating the complex processes involved in wound healing
- Pathogenesis and virulence with specific emphasis on Quorum Sensing
- Cardio-protection to enable their use in combination therapies
- Regulating Inflammasomes and the inflammatory signaling cascades in disease states
Our current research focuses on the Development of Low cost Biomedical Devices and Diagnostics for the management of Diabetes & Identification of Natural Product Lead molecules as Potential Modulators and Elucidation of Molecular Mechanisms Involved in Impaired Wound Healing in Diabetes.
- Identification of Natural Product Lead molecules as Potential Modulators of Wound Healing and Elucidation of the molecular mechanisms involving Nitric Oxide and Epidermal Growth Factor in the wound healing process.
- Understanding the regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMP) and oncogenic signaling systems by Natural Products and dissecting the regulatory crosstalk between MMP-2, MMP-14 and TIMP-2.
- Natural product lead discovery employing Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship (QSAR) studies with MMP modulators.
- To study the role of quorum sensing and biofilm formation in microbial pathogenesis and identification of natural product inhibitors that inhibit this process.
- Understanding the molecular mechanisms of inflammasome complex in regulating inflammatory signaling cascade and to identify natural product inhibitors that modulate the process.
- To elucidate the role of miRNAs and natural products that specifically target cyclooxygenase (COX-2) gene expression and activity in cancer and inflammation.
- Identification of novel regulatory mechanisms of oncogenes and tumor suppressors mediated by miRNAs.
- To elucidate the prominent molecular mechanisms of cardio-protection elicited by Arjunolic Acid against Doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity.
- Development of low cost Biomedical Devices and Diagnostics for the management of Diabetes.