Unit I: Health Education programme
- Health- concept , importance, dimensions and determinants of health; physical and mental health.
- Health needs - importance of keeping good health children and adolescents, including differently-abled children.
- Understanding of the body system–central nervous system, skeleton, muscular, respiratory, circulatory and digestive –coordination and cooperation.
Unit II: Food and Nutrition
- Food habits-their functions of nutrition.
- Diversity and verity foods, preservation of food value during cooking, indigenous and modern ways to persevere food.
- Change in food habit of globalization-changing life style.
- Awareness of food hygiene preservation and consumption.
- Choice and consumption of healthy diet- need and importance. Causes of food decay micro-organization.
Unit III: Physical Education
- Physical activity - sports and Games - athletics (general physical fitness exercises), games (lead-up games, relays and major games), rhythmic activities, gymnastics and their impact on health.
- Yogic practices — importance of yoga, yogasanas, kriyas and pranayama and meditation, Sthitaprajna.
- Physical fitness, strength, endurance and flexibility, its components, sports skills, indigenous and self-defense activities-relationship between physical fitness and good food.
Unit IV: Health Issues
- Health problems and communicable diseases- causes, prevention and cure.
- Role of first aid- safety and security.
Unit V: Role of Institutions and Health Services
- Role of institutions- school and family.-voluntary organization impact on body and mind (16/02/2016).
- Health services, Health insurance policies and major health and physical education-related programmes.
- Blood banks, role of media.