Unit I: Introduction to Inclusive Education
- Historical perspective.
- Concepts of Inclusion- Special Education, Integrated Education and Inclusive Education.
- Inclusive Education-need, objectives and scope..
Unit II: Inclusive school
- Inclusive School – concept, need and planning - barriers free school.
- Factors responsible for successful inclusion in the mainstream – future vision.
- Issues and challenges in creating an inclusive environment in schools.
Unit III: Differently - abled children in Inclusive system
- Concept, Identification, classification, causes and characteristics of children with orthopaedical, visual, auditory, speech, mental, learning challenges and social disadvantages.
- Educational provisions for children with orthopaedical, visual, auditory, speech, mental , learning challenges, and social disadvantages.
Unit IV: Policies and Provisions for Inclusion
- National and State Policies – Disability Act 1995, Convention of Right of Act 1992, Rehabilitation Council of India 1992 and International Policies.
- Constitutional provisions and RTE Act.
Unit V: Management of Inclusive School
- Role of functionaries - Parents, Peers, Teachers, Administrators, Community, Government and Private Organizations.
- Class room management -Teacher skills and competencies.