'Integrated BSc - BEd in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics' program at the School of Arts and Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru campus, offers Internship in its sixth semester.
During the first phase of internship the student teachers have to spend 4 weeks by visiting various government offices like DIET,BRC,BEO and to various residential and special schools. It includes the observation and recording of various functions happening in the offices, observing senior teachers classes, teaching learning process ,methodologies used in special schools and to familiarize with the existing educational scenario of the respective states. It shall provide for sustained engagement with learners and the school (including engaging in continuous and comprehensive assessment for learning), thereby creating a synergy with schools in the neighborhood throughout the course.
1. Assessment Indicators of School Internship - I
- a. Internship Programme I:
- Visiting and recording information on various government offices and schools.
- Reports on senior class teachers observation, facilities of the school, activities in the school both curricular and co-curricular.
- Development of a tool to evaluate the classroom performance of teachers.
- Report writing.