Unit I: Introduction
- Meaning, Nature, Scope and Values.
- Components of Scientific Knowledge-Process and Product.
- Importance of Chemistry in daily life and growth of knowledge.
Unit II: Planning and Approaches
- General aims and objectives of teaching Chemistry.
- Writing instructional objectives in behavioural terms (Blooms/Anderson’s revised taxonomy)
- 3 5E base for lesson planning.
Unit III: Methods of Teaching Chemistry
- Approaches, methods and models of teaching.
- Concept of correlation- incidental and systematic correlation of physical sciencesInterdisciplinary and intra disciplinary..
Unit IV: Teaching and learning resources in Chemistry
- Library Resources: Text books, Reference Materials.
- Laboratory, Importance and uses of Laboratory Manuals.
Unit V: Technological and Communityresources in Chemistry
- Technological resources: Audio-Visuals Materials, Virtual labs, Smart Class, Multimedia and E-learning resources.
- Community resources and improvised aids.