Unit I: Introduction
- Meaning, Nature, Scope and Values.
- Components of Scientific Knowledge-Process and Product.
- Importance of Physics in daily life and growth of knowledge.
Unit II: Planning and Approaches
- General aims and objectives of teaching Physics.
- Writing instructional objectives in behavioral terms (Blooms/Anderson's revised taxonomy)
- Anderson’s Constructivist base for lesson planning.
Unit III: Methods of Teaching Physics
- Approaches, methods and models of teaching.
- Concept of correlation- incidental and systematic correlation of Physics -Interdisciplinary and intra disciplinary.
Unit IV: Teaching and learning resources in Physics
- Library Resources: Text books, Reference Materials.
- Laboratory, Importance and uses of Laboratory Manuals.
Unit V: Technological and Community resources in Physics
- Technological resources: Audio-Visuals Materials, Virtual labs, Smart Class, Multimedia and E- learning resources.
- Community resources and improvised aids.