Unit I: School Management
- 1.1 School Management – Concept, meaning, principles, importance, distinction between Administration, Management and Supervision.
1.2 Administrative Head – Qualities, Duties and Responsibilities,
1.3 Supervision and Inspection – Meaning, importance, types and procedure - Accountability – meaning and need.
1.4 Physical Infrastructure – Availability, adequacy and utilization, management of space, constraints and suggested strategies to overcome it, Concept of School plant.
Unit II: Planning of School Management and School Activities
- 2.1 Institutional planning – Meaning, need, importance, steps and areas.
2.2 School records and registers – need, importance and maintenance.
2.3 Calendar of events and School timetable – importance, types, preparation and principles involved in their construction.
2.4 Concept of School complex – meaning, purpose, functions and advantages - Role of SDMC.
2.5 Co-curricular activities – Meaning – importance - planning and principles.
2.6 Parent Teacher Association – Formation - role- importance and school organization functions.
Unit III: Teacher
- 3.1 Teacher- Teacher as a facilitator, counselor - community leader - second parent and guardian.
3.2 Professional skills and competencies of teachers.
3.3 Class room management – concept, principles, influencing factors and technique of class room management, importance of discipline.
Unit IV: Action Research
- 4.1 Action Research – Meaning, scope, importance, identification of problem in school and classroom, steps involved in action research.
4.2 Teacher as a researcher.
Unit V: Role of Voluntary, Government and Non-Government Organisation
- 5.1 Educational Administration – Role and hierarchy (NCERT, DSERT, DIET).
5.2 Structure of State Educational Administration and Supervision – external and internal hierarchy.
5.3 Role of different boards in monitoring , supervising - supervision reporteducational ladder (DDPI, Block Education Office).