Unit I: Introduction
- Vocational education – Meaning, Need and importance.
- National Policy on Education in the programme of action in Vocational Education.
- Vocational education at Higher Secondary stage-objectives, course of study – list of vocations – syllabus, scheme of examination, allocation of periods, qualification and training of teachers for vocational education.
- Human Resources Development – skilled manpower – productivity –– Work experience-concept – distinction between work experience and vocational education.
Unit II: Basic Education and S.U.P.W.
- Basic education – concept – merits – criticism, need and importance, scheme of multipurpose schools.
- S.U.P.W. – Concept – Objectives – Selection of activities – programmes- advantages.
Unit III: Models of Vocational Education
- Vocational education-Problems measures to improvement.
- Models of Vocational Education – School Model, Dual Model, Mixed Model.
Unit IV: Vocational Education and Training
- Vocational education and training, correspondence and continuing education – need and Importance - in service programme-training for self – employment and small scale industry.
- Training in Entrepreneurship-Government’s Assistants.
Unit V: Role of Center and State Governments
- The role and functions of center and state governments’ vocational education and training DSERT, NCTE, ICAR, CSIR, SBTE and NCERT – funding agencies.
- Vocational and Technical education in INDIA- Skill India - job oriented programs - significance -economic development.