ICPC Algo Queen – Girls Programming Cup 2021 hosted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a unique, first of its kind girls only Competitive Programming Contest in the first half of 2021, as an initiative to encourage girls to participate in Problem Solving and Competitive Programming.
Girls learning coding is a much-needed step towards solving the gender gap problem that continues to plague software programming. Even after having a huge demand for coders, women are significantly underrepresented in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) fields, making it is even more important to show girls, in particular, that learning how to code is not only extremely beneficial, but it can also be fun. Girls Learning Coding is the key to a Bright Future.
Hence, we Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham and ICPC-the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world, puts forward Algo Queen as a first step towards Promoting Girls to ‘Code and Be the Change’.
- Any Girl School Student with a Passion to learn and write computer programs by applying mathematical knowledge is the only criteria expected. *Girl students doing their Higher Education can also participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- All the questions are set by girl engineering students from Amrita.
- There are 4 online rounds followed by an onsite round (onsite will be conducted only if the situation is permitted).
- Online sessions will be held prior to the contest to train the students and boost the confidence. (Will begin from July 2021). To get regular updates,
- Languages used will be C, C++, Java, Python
- Round 
- This will be the first round open to all registered teams. This is an elimination round. Top teams from each school are selected first. Next set of teams is selected based on the rank.
- Round 
- Teams solving at least one problem in Round 0 are selected for this round. This round can be treated as preliminary online round, the quarter finals.
- Round 
- This round is the semi-final round. Only teams who solved at least one problem are ranked to take part in the next round
- Round 
- Finals of the ICPC Algo Queen, the Girls Programming Cup 2021 hosted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Students can participate individually or form a group of maximum 2 members
- One of your school teachers shall be a coach / mentor. Teachers need not be essentially from computer science backgrounds. Any teacher who can encourage you can be a Coach / mentor. *It is not mandatory to have a coach.
- Contest will be held on Code Drills platform. It is an online judge that helps you to understand the mistakes or errors instantly. Start practicing with the problems already posted in the above online platform.
Or Follow the Below Steps
- Step 2 - Create an ICPC Account:
If you do not yet have an ICPC Account, you will need to create one by clicking on the “Sign Up” button. The ICPC System should send you a password to log in and complete your ICPC profile within 20 minutes. You must have an account to register for any event in the ICPC System.
- Step 2 – Register for ICPC AlgoQueen after Creating an Account:
- Click on the three small lines at the top, left corner of the page.
- Click on “Upcoming Regionals.”
- Click on “The 2020 ICPC Asia West Contests.”
- Find “ICPC AlgoQueen Hosted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.” Click on “Open” at the end of the line.
- Click on “Register.”
- Click on “ICPC AlgoQueen” as the site.
- Log into icpc.global.
- Make sure your school is listed on the institution line. If you attend a school, and it is not listed in the ICPC System already, please “Suggest New Institution.” Your institution may take up to 48 hours to be added to the ICPC System.
- Next, create a team name, and add up to three contestants to your team. The person creating the team will automatically be listed as the coach, however, student coaches are allowed in this contest. If you are a student and also the team’s coach, please select, “I also want to participate as a contestant.”
- Click “Register Team(s).
ICP AlgoQueen 2021- The Girls Programming Cup with Gold Medal to be awarded to the Top Team/Student and will also get an opportunity to attend “ICPC World Finals”.
- Gold Medals for top 5 teams (Rank 1 to 5)
- Silver Medals for next 5 teams (Rank 6 to 10)
- Bronze Medals for the next 5 teams (Rank 11 to 15)
- Top 3 teams from each state will be given an “Appreciation Award”
- Exciting prizes at the end of each round.
Our students, alumni, leaders in the industry will handhold you to excel in competitive programming. Dates and Timings for these sessions will be intimated by SMS & Email once you enter the details in the form published in this webpage.
Dr. Malavika Iyer
National Awardee & Social Worker
4th year B.Tech. CSE student, SDE Intern at Amazon | Chair, ACM Chapter at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
Dates and Timings for these sessions will be intimated by SMS & Email once you enter the details in the form published in this webpage. To get regular updates,
Policy Advocacy & Government Affairs, Dell Technologies
- Registration Opens from: 1st May 2021
- Registration Closes by: 15th August 2021
- Contest will be held on: September 2021
Who can Participate?
Any girl school student is eligible to participate.
*Girl students doing their Higher Education can also participate but will not be eligible for prizes
Where can I register?
ICPC International Collegiate Programming Contest
Find the steps to register here:
Where is the contest conducted?
The contest is conducted online in CodeDrills Platform
When is the Last Date for Registering?
15th August 2021
Can I participate individually?
Yes, you can participate individually. You can also participate as a team of maximum 2 members.
I am a beginner, where can I find practice problems?
You can find beginner level Practice Problems here
When will the contest be held?
ICPC AlgoQueen 2021 will be held in September 2021
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
You can reach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com