Amma has said that villages are India's foundation - its life-force-and that it is society's responsibility to take care of them. M.A Math launched the adoption of 101 villages, throughout India, with the aim of helping them become self-reliant and thriving.
Under Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham's programme, Amrita students have the unique opportunity to participate in this rural internship program. We expect the students to have an immersive experience and learn about the rich traditions, culture and strength of the villages while understanding the unique challenges faced by them.
Visit our website : Amrita SeRVe »»
Youth Involvement. Rural Empowerment
“It is our villages that, in fact, sustain us by providing us, who live in the cities, with the vegetables and other forms of nourishment we need to in order to survive. However, today, we are just exploiting them and casting them aside. It is time to acknowledge that our villages are our very foundation and move forward with one heart and one mind to protect and serve them.”
Summer Internship Goals
- Support tuition classes for school going children
- Motivate dropouts to go back to school
- Start adult literacy classes
- Provide awareness about health, education, addiction, sanitation
- Plant kitchen gardens and trees
- Water Harvesting
- Internship duration is 2 weeks
- June 1 - June 15, June 15 - June 30
Where you will work
- Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Chattisgarh, West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana
What will you be doing during the internship?
- Teach adults and children using tablets and laptops.
- Build heath, education and social awareness.
- Introduce vegetable gardens.
- Conduct role plays to strengthen local culture and build awareness.
- Games, yoga and meditation to educate, inspire, and empower.
- Arts, crafts, dance, and music.
- Amala Bharatam clean up drives
- Village Surveys
- Documentation, Videos
- Training on 24'th and 25'th May.
- Essential and relevant training will be provided at Amrita for all selected participants.
What you will learn
- Compassionate Leadership.
- Language and Communication.
- Motivational Skills.
- Open Mindedness.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal, Decision-making and Critical thinking skills.
- Documentation and Report Writing.
What You Need to Know
- Food, lodging and travel will be taken care of.
- You are welcome to bring a video camera and camera to capture your village experience.
- All participants who successfully complete the program will receive a Public Service Certificate from the institution
How do I register?
For registration mail to email@example.com or call 9048296175, 9446536800.