The 4th edition of Amrita University’s annual national student technical festival “ANOKHA 2014” held at the Coimbatore campus of Amrita University during March 20 - 22, 2014. It started with an inspirational inaugural ceremony which showcased the valuable insight of top industry professionals and distinguished academicians.
ANOKHA which translates to ‘UNIQUE’ had emerged as one of the most popular and top engineering techfests in India. ANOKHA techfest with the theme Celebrating Innovation was a platform for the best minds in India to showcase their talent, innovations and ingenuity. It aimed at motivating engineering students from different disciplines to come together and share mutual enthusiasm and passion for science and technology.
The convention included 75 technical events in all branches and disciplines of engineering – robotics, aerospace, civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, information technology and computer science as well as social media, business, finance, social entrepreneurship and short-film making.
The registration rose nearly to 7500 students, while the prize money increased to 1.5 million Indian rupees. With this exponential growth came a variety of new developments such as India’s first Technology Entertainment Design event,7 TEDx conference and 20 workshops in various progressive areas of interest.
In addition to these innovations, there were several enlightening Amrita University exhibition, opportunities to interact with top level executives of eminent IT and engineering companies such as TATA Motors, Kriatec and Robogenesis and many entertainment events like Kalari payatu, Dance and Musical performance by student's club and Stunning performance by Karthick, South Indian Play back Singer.
- Over 75 technical events in all branches and disciplines of engineering – robotics, aerospace, civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, information technology and computer science as well as social media, business, finance, social entrepreneurship and short-film making.
- Over 1.5 million Indian Rupees as prize money.
- Pan-India event with over 7500 of the best engineering student minds from all top-ranking engineering institutions in India participating.
- Participants from 350 colleges and universities all over India.
- Student Participants from partner universities in USA and Europe like University of New Mexico, University at Buffalo, Uppsala University and leading institutions in India like all IITs, BITS Pilani, NITs and IIITs.
- 20 workshops in various cutting-edge areas of technical and general interest like RC Aircraft, Robotics, Augmented reality, Ethical Hacking, 3D Gaming, Android Apps, Vedic Mathematics, Share Market, Photography, Archery etc.
- Major Contests and competitions in the techfest theme, “Celebrating Innovation” includes InnoVinci, PD3 – Product Design, Development and Demonstration, Magnus Boat, HydroPlane, Hover Mania etc.
- Seven state-of-the art Technology Entertainment Design (TED)x Conference Event.
- Participation of Leading industry players for workshops like Tata Motors, Texas Instruments, Bombay Stock Exchange, Micromatic, AerotriX, Botrio, Cranes Varsity etc.
- Showcasing of humanitarian initiatives of Mata Amritanandamayi Math and Amrita University like Amrita Self-Reliant Village (SeRVe) and Green Campus.
- Four Exhibitions by Indian Army – Artillery, Jeep Studio – Jeep Modification, Photography & Painting and Amrita University.
- Project and working model demonstration by Amritians.
- Research paper presentation in all disciplines.
- Distinguished lecture series on topics like Green Buildings, Vasthu etc.
- Armageddon gaming event series with Counter Strike, FIFA 2011 etc.
- Anokha EvenTide – Musical Concert with leading and renowned playback singer, Karthik.
- Several entertainment options like Zorbing, Paintball, Archery & Kalaripayattu and concerts by Ragasudha – Music Club and Natyasudha – Dance Club of Amrita University.