AOSpine Scoliosis Week 2016
Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi is organizing a one week Course Program AOSpine Scoliosis from May 01- 07 2016
The program will provide a platform to participant surgeons to enhance their knowledge, experience and also refine their skills in the treatment of scoliosis. The target participants are spine surgeons with 4 - 8 years of experience of independent spine surgery. The course is designed to be of interest and benefit to spine surgeons with an orthopedic or a neurosurgical background.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and recall the etiology, natural history and predicting progression in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- Discuss and implement non operative management in AIS cases.
- Interpret and apply classification systems in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- Make clinical decisions in a given case of AIS in terms of surgical planning including determining fusion levels.
- Comprehend and reproduce effectively concepts of spinal imbalance and other postop complications, anaesthetic issues, pulmonary function testing, neurology monitoring and transfusion requirements in deformity surgery.
The scoliosis week is a residential week wherein the participant will be exposed to a large number of cases over a short span of time. Participants will be actively involved in seminars, case discussions, pre operative planning, operative treatment along with the post operative management of the cases. Each surgery will be planned by the participants and rehearsed on bone models before the actual surgery. The faculty participant ratio of 1:2 is maintained to ensure optimum attention at every levels.
AOSpine Scoliosis Week has been accredited by AOSpine Asia Pacific and the participants will be awarded with AOSpine certificates. This course has also been accredited by the Kerala Orthopedic Association for CME credits.
For more details, please contact :
Dr. Krishnakumar R,
Course Coordinator, Clinical Associate Professor, Spine Division,
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin, India,
Phone :0484-6681234 Extn 1200,