IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc) Bangalore jointly with ComSoc Kerala Chapter launches the annual event specially for graduates (PG and PhD) students/scholars. IEEE Student Branch, School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru, is happy to host the first edition of this congress from March 29-30, 2019. In this congress, graduated students in the previous year; for example, for the event in March 2019, all students who graduated (Final thesis defense/viva completed) in 2018 would submit the synopsis and other details as mentioned below and present their work in 7 minutes to the audience and panellists. Based on the work quality and other details, 4 best ME/MTech/MS/ thesis and 3 best PhD thesis (total great 7) will be awarded. The award will carry 20,000/- INR for each PhD and 15,000/- INR for each MS/ME/MTech and Certificate of recognition. The certificate will also be given to corresponding Supervisor/Co-Supervisor in recognition as the best supervisor/Co-supervisor of the year.
The first edition of the congress is planned from March 29-30 in Bangalore. All eligible graduated students of 2018 from Karnataka state and Kerala State can submit their synopsis.
- Candidate has to submit the details online and must register for the congress
- Call for submission will open on November 30, 2018
- Submission dead line February 3, 2019
- Notification of the shortlisted thesis February 28, 2019
- Candidate has to make his/her own travel arrangements and stay (however, we may help them to get cost effective stay in guest house, hostels of some of the colleges nearby)
- The institution from where ME/M TEch/MS is completed should belong to the state Karnataka and Kerala
- Thesis must have been defended (final viva voce completed) between January 1, 2018 till December 31, 2018
- The area should be Communication and Networking related
Procedures of Evaluation
- Initial screening of submission by Technical Organizing Committees and experts
- The panellist (experts from the domain area) who will be going through the short listed synopsis.
- Presentation by candidate during the congress.
- Feedback ( form will be distributed) from audience collected during the presentation
The following document submissions are required: (Each attachment should not be more than 200kB)
- Synopsis about 5-6 pages
- Abstract (exactly the same as in submitted thesis- Scan copy of abstract page and the page(s) of signatures of all examiners)
- Original contribution (if not included in the synopsis)
- Details of institutions and period of registration, submission of thesis and final viva (defense) of the thesis.
- Supervisor/Co-supervisor details and a Confirmation of his/her consent
- HoD/Principal signature of viva completion (if signature page is missing)
- Signature of Supervisor and or Co-Supervisor on each document. In case, supervisor is away, eSignature accepted- All documents in zip file can be cc’d to supervisor with main address to congress organizer with a subject heading of “Submitted copy of MTech or PhD Thesis”.
Please Note: Candidate has to bring one copy of the main thesis. (It might be given back to the candidate).