About TAP ENERGY
2017 IEEE International (biennial) Conference on "Technological Advancements in Power & Energy- TAP Energy 2017", organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Amritapuri campus will be held from 21st to 23rd December 2017. The objective of the conference is to provide a platform for researchers, engineers, academicians, as well as industrial experts from all over the world to explore their research results and ideas. The previous edition of 2015 TAP Energy was well received and appreciated by one and all. This conference provides opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas, establish research relations and global partnership for future collaborations.
Call for Papers
TAP Energy 2017 invites full length original research contributions from engineering students, research scholars, academic institutions, R&D organizations and industries across the world. Your research contributions/review articles not exceeding six pages and formatted as per IEEE template shall be submitted in electronic doc or pdf format through the easy chair conferences management system.
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Amritapuri Campus is committed to mould the students for global requirements by providing quality education to meet the needs of the industry. The department has a fine blend of faculty expertise in Power& Energy Systems, Control & Instrumentation, Power Electronics & Drives and Microcontrollers & DSP. The department aims at being a world class centre in Electrical Engineering Education through excellent teaching, applied research and professional services for the benefit of the society. The department has well equipped state-of-art laboratories and research facilities. Research Thrust Areas are in Smart Grid Technologies , Power Quality Improvement, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles , Robotics , Renewable Energy Integration , Hybrid Electric Vehicles & Smart Parks with research funding from DST and SERC. The department focuses on overall development of its students, imparting knowledge and skills through projects, seminar presentations, association activities , internships and industrial visits. Value education and professional ethics are also an integral part of the curriculum. EEE department in Amritapuri campus started functioning from 2005 onwards with B. Tech degree course in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The department started its first M. Tech programme in Power & Energy in 2011 and later M. Tech programme in Control and Instrumentation in 2014.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research institution, ranked as the No.1 Private institution in India by the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) Rankings 2017 and one of the top 10 in the country overall. It has also been ranked No.1 by the Times Higher Education and QS World Rankings and is accredited with an 'A' grade by NAAC. The institution is spread across five campuses in three states of India- Kerala, TamilNadu, and Karnataka, with the headquarters at Coimbatore, TamilNadu. The institution continuously collaborates with top US institutions including Ivy League universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs and has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham was founded by Satguru Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (AMMA), who is a world-renowned Humanitarian leader and the Chancellor of the institution and it continues to grow from strength to strength under her guidance. Today, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has a student population of over 16000+ and a faculty strength of 2000+, including over 300+ faculty members with Ph.D. qualification. Amrita School of Engineering aims to make its programs the best in the country based on a focused approach with respect to the critical areas of curriculum, teaching-learning, student support, infrastructure and research.
Power and Energy
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Wireless Power Transfer and Energy Harvesting
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Distribution Automation and SCADA
- HVDC, FACTS and UHVAC
- Smart Grid Technologies
- Plug in / Hybrid Vehicles / Smart Parks
- Power System Fault Diagnosis and Protection
- Power Quality and Reliability
- Thermal Energy and Power Plant Engineering
- Self-aware, Self-configuringand Self-healing Energy Systems
Control and Automation
- Control Theory and Applications
- Aerospace Technology
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Robust Control
- Intelligent Control
- Instrumentation and Automation
- Evolutionary Computation and Optimization
- Optimal and Adaptive Control
- Industrial Process Control
- Automotive Engineering
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Sustainable Smart Cities
- Bio Energy Conversion
- Energy Efficient Building and Green Design
- Advanced Energy Materials
- Waste to Energy(WtE)
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Bio Process Engineering
- Bio Sensors and Bio Electronics
- Zero Net Energy Buildings/Cities(ZNEB)
- Smart Energy solution for Combating Global Warming
- loT for Smart Energy Environment
- Networking and Data Mining in Smartgrids
- Computational Intelligence
- Bigdata Analytics
- Mobile data/ Wireless data communication
- Information theory and Coding Systems
- Smart Grid Security and Privacy issues
- Software tools for Smart Energy Networks
Smart Markets, Trading and Business Models
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Power System Market Operations
- Energy Pricing and Forecasting
- Business models and Electronics Marketplace for Smartgrids
- Management of Distributed Energy Generation and Storage
- Energy Management in Wearable systems
- Economic modelling of Energy Technologies
- Energy Management, Economics and Policy
The conference registration covers conference proceedings, conference kit, admission to all workshops, Banquet Dinner and Food Coupons . The registration fee does not cover transportation and accommodation. Limited accomodation is available on chargeable basis.
For fee details Contact Coordinators
- Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, Chancellor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Swami Amritaswarupananda Puri, President, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Swami Abhayamitra Chaitanya, Pro-chancellor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. P. Venkat Rangan, Vice Chancellor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. Sankaran K., Registrar, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Br. Sudeep, Director, Amritapuri Campus
- Dr. Balakrishnan Shankar, Associate Dean, School of Engineering, Amritapuri
- Dr. Jyothi S. N., Principal, School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus
International Advisory Committee Members
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad H. Rashid, University of West Florida, USA
- Prof. Walter Issamu Suemitsu, NIDES, Brazil.
- Prof. Om P. Malik, University of Illinois, USA.
- Prof. Chern Nayar, Regen Power Pvt. Ltd, Australia.
- Prof. Prahlad V adakkepat, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Prof. Dipti Srinivasan, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- Prof. Antonino Laudani, Universita Degli Stndi Roma Tre, Italy.
- Prof. Vinod Khadkikar, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, UAE.
- Prof. P.N. Suganthan, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Prof. Valentina Emilia Balas, "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad, Romania.
- Prof. Lalit Kumar Goel, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
National Advisory Committee Members:
- Prof. K. Gopakumar, liSe, Bengalurn.
- Prof. Bhim Singh, liT Delhi.
- Prof. G. Bhuvaneswari, liT Delhi.
- Prof. Mahesh Kumar, liT Madras.
- Prof. S. P. Singh, IIT(BHU) Varanasi, UP.
- Prof. S. Ashok, NIT Calicut.
- Prof. D. Devaraj, Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputtnr.
- Prof. S. Durairaj, King's College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Prof. K. Manickavasagam, MS Ramaiah University, Bengalurn.
- Dr. P. Packiam, Schenider Electricals, Bengalurn.
- Dr. T. IIamparithi, Opal-RT Technologies, Bangalurn.
- Mr. Nandakumar, NIELIT, Calicut.
- Prof. Shantikumar Nair, Centre for Nanosciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Kochi.
- Prof. Bipin Nair, Dean, School of Biotechnology, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Anrritapuri.
- Prof. V. M. Nandakumaran, School of Arts and Science, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri.
- Prof. Krishnashree Achuthan, Director, TBI, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Anrritapuri.
- Prof. Maneesha V. Ramesh, Director, Amrita Centre for Wireless Networks and Applications, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri.
- Prof. T. N. P Nambiar, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
- Prof. K. C. Sindhu Thampatty, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
- Prof. Rao R. Bhavani, Director, Ammachi labs, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Anrritapuri.
- Prof. K. K. Sasi, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
- Prof. T. B. Isha, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
- Prof. Vinod Kumar Gopal , Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri
- Prof. K. P. Mohandas, Former Dean- PG Studies & Research, NIT Calicut