Venue: Technex'17 at IIT Varanasi
National Level Workshop on Internet of Things (IoT)
The Department of Computer Science, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham and Amritapuri Campus is organizing a two day national level workshop on Internet of Things (IoT) from October 18 to 19, 2016.
First time in India get an IIT Certificate for IoT- Internet Of Things Workshop. This great year TECHNEX ‘17, IIT VARANASI in collaboration with Innovians Technologies, Noida is organizing a series of IoT- Internet of Things Workshop for Engineering students across the nation in 20 different Zonal Centers. Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri Campus is one of the Zonal Centers for the event. This total Event is divided into 3 Rounds:
- The workshops will be organized in Amrita School of Engineering on October 18 and 19, 2016.
- The workshop will be organized by Innovians Technologies, Noida ( Workshop Partner – Technex ’17, IIT Varanasi)
- Students will get Certificate of Merit from TECHNEX ‘17, IIT VARANASI & Innovians Technologies.
Round 2 (Competition at Zonal Center)
- On 19 th October, a Competition based on workshop will be organized at Amritapuri Campus.
- Two Winning teams will get Certificate of Excellence from TECHNEX ‘17, IIT VARANASI in association with Innovians Technologies.
Round 3 (Final Round Competition during Technex'17 at IIT Varanasi)
- A Final Round competition will held at Technex'17 IIT Varanasi among all the Zonal Centre winning teams during 24-26 February, 2017 and winning team will get Certificate of Excellence & Prizes. All the Shortlisted Teams will have to present one IoT Based Project during Technex'17 at IIT Varanasi.
"If you think that the internet has changed your life, think again. The IoT is about to change it all over again!” - Brendan O’Brien
What is Internet of Things?
It’s a global network infrastructure, linking physical and virtual objects using cloud computing, data capture, and network communications. It allows devices to communicate with each other, access information on the Internet, store and retrieve data, and interact with users, creating smart, pervasive and always-connected environments.
The Internet of Things (IoT), sometimes referred to as the Internet of Objects, will change everything— including ourselves. This may seem like a bold statement, but consider the impact the Internet already has had on education, communication, business, science, government, and humanity. Clearly, the Internet is one of the most important and powerful creations in all of human history. Now consider that Internet of Things represents the next evolution of the Internet, taking a huge leap in its ability to gather, analyse, and distribute data that we can turn into information, knowledge, and, ultimately, wisdom. In this context, Internet of Things becomes immensely important.