National Seminar on Internet Economy
The Department of Commerce and Management at Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi under the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham will organize a two day National Seminar on Internet Economy. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (a University u/s 3 of UGC Act) at the Kochi Campus has distinguished itself as a temple of learning in the emerging areas of English and Languages, Commerce and Management, Computer Science, Mathematics and Visual Media and Communication. Through uncompromising standard of educational delivery, the University has won numerous laurels and recognition. The university has been reaccredited by NAAC with the highest grade A (with a CGPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale). Our international collaborations, achievements and recognitions are innumerable.
Our University upholds the vision of our Chancellor, the world renowned Spiritual and Humanitarian Leader Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, whose unostentatious social reforms give great focus to the spiritual and cultural emancipation of Indian women.
About the Seminar
In the emerging global economy, e-commerce and e-business have increasingly become a necessary component of business strategy and a strong catalyst for economic development. The integration of information and communications technology (ICT) in business has revolutionized relationships within organizations and individuals. The use of ICT in business has enhanced productivity, encouraged greater customer participation, and enabled mass customization, besides reducing costs. Developments in Internet resulted in strategic positioning; determinining emerging opportunities and utilizing intellectual resources to make the most of these opportunities through an e-business strategy that is simple, workable and practicable within the context of a global information milieu and new economic environment. Internet commerce coupled with the appropriate strategy and policy approach enables small and medium scale enterprises to compete with large and capital-rich businesses. On another plane, developing countries are given increased access to the global marketplace, where they compete with the more developed economies. The objective of this seminar is pertaining to all economic activities using electronic networks as a medium for commerce. The seminar is expected to draw wide participation from the academic circle and includes opportunities to network with delegates as well.
Call for Papers
Original research papers are invited from faculty members, research scholars and students to be presented at the conference on the following themes.
- E-Commerce in today’s changing business
- Agricultural sector and internet economy
- Women empowerment through web based business
- Impact of e-commerce on small- and medium-sized enterprises
- E Commerce business through Google
- Internet economy in shipping industry
- Cyber security and privacy
- Consumer empowerment and protection
- An open internet economy
- Global participation for development
- Other areas related to the main theme
Guidelines for PAPER CONTRIBUTIONS
- Research papers on related themes may also be presented subject to approval of Editorial Screening Committee for the seminar. The papers will be screened by a thorough scrutiny process and the selected papers will be accepted for presentation.
- The participants are required to send the full paper along with an abstract not exceeding 100 words. The full paper shall not exceed FIVE pages including tables, charts and diagrams. The papers shall be typeset in MS Word in TIMES NEW ROMAN font, sized 12, spacing 1.5, Justified.
- The Certificates for Participation will be given only to those who are physically present at the Conference. Certificates for Paper Presentation will be given only if the author/co-author is able to present the same at the conference venue..
- Selected papers of the seminar will be published in an edited volume with an ISBN.
Papers shall be mailed to email@example.com on or before 15th September 2015.