Amrita Center for Excellence in Computational Engineering and Networking is conducting a Shared Task cum Workshop on Machine Translation in Indian Languages (MTIL) from September 7 - 8, 2017 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
Researchers/ research groups working on Indian Language Machine Translation Systems to participate in the Shared Task MTIL can attend the workshop. Apart from the shared task, scientific papers on topics related to Machine Translation in Indian Languages are also accepted.
- Rule-based and Statistical Machine Translation.
- Comparable corpora and Bilingual Embeddings for SMT.
- Machine Translation for Morphologically Rich languages.
- Post Editing in Machine Translation.
- Automatic Machine Translation Evaluation.
- Neural Machine Translation (NMT).
- Incorporating linguistic information into SMT and NMT.
The shared task is proposed with the following objectives.
- To scrutinize the state-of-art machine translation mechanisms when translating from English to Indian languages.
- To explore the challenges faced in translating between morphologically divergent languages in terms of syntactic structure and morphology.
- To create high-quality open source parallel corpora for machine translation task for Indian languages.
- To explore the recent Deep Neural translation systems for Indian Languages.
The open-source parallel corpora provided in the shared task competition will motivate beginners and established research groups to participate in this task.
Note : All the accepted shared task working notes and workshop proceedings will be submitted to CEUR-WS.org for online publication. The Extended version of the best working notes and workshop papers will be submitted to the following journal.
- Paper Submission Deadline - June 15, 2017
- Paper Notification - August 1, 2017
- Camera-ready version due - August 8, 2017
- Workshop Date - September 7 - 8, 2017
- Registration Starts : April 13, 2017
- Training data will be Released : May 1, 2017
- Test Data will be Released : June 1, 2017
- Runs Submission : June 5, 2017
- Results declared : June 25, 2017
- Working Notes Due : July 10, 2017
- Camera Ready - Working Notes Due : August 15, 2017
- MTIL Workshop : September 7 - 8, 2017
- Anand Kumar M., CEN, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, India
- Rajendran S , CEN, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, India
- Soman K. P. , CEN, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, India
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org