National Workshop on Software Defined Radio and its Strategic Applications
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering , Coimbatore is organizing a national workshop on Software Defined Radio and its Strategic Applications on January 21st & 22nd, 2016.
Software Defined Radio (SDR) is a fully reconfigurable wireless transceiver which automatically adapts its communication parameters to network and user demands. Al of the high-speed general purpose operations like digital up and down conversion, decimation and interpolation are done on the FPGA. This workshop sets a platform to realize signal processing and communication techniques using universal Software Radio Peripheral (USRP) hardware. USRP is designed to allow general purpose computers to function as high bandwidth software radios. In essence, it serves as a digital baseband and intermediate frequency section of a radio communication system. The basic design philosophy behind the USRP has been to do all of the waveform-specific processing, like modulation and demodulation, on the host CPU using GNU Radio. GNU Radio is development toolkit that provides signal processing blocks to implement software radios. The prime focus of the workshop shall be hands-on-training of the GNU block sets catering to filter design, MultiMate signal processing techniques, digital modulating, multicarrier modulation etc and demonstrating the same using USRP.
Faculties from AICTE approved Engineering Colleges with relevant background. Candidates from industries and R & D organizations will also be considered. UG, PG students and research scholars in relates discipline are also eligible.
Registration for the workshop can be made by sending the duly filed Registration form along with a DD- in favour of “Amrita Consultancy”, payable at Kollam. Registration fee for the different categories is as follows:
HOW TO APPLY
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “AMRITA CONSULTANCY”, payable at Kollam, Kerala.
- Fill in the online registration form available at Weblink
- Send the Original DD along with the filled in registration form to the Coordinator of the Workshop. (address mentioned in the front page of the brochure) on or before January 5th, 2016.
Last date for Online Reg.: January 5th, 2016
- Introduction to Software defined Radio and current developments.
- Multirate Signal Processing and application
- GNU radio
- Overview of Ettus products(USRP)
- Hands-on practice on GNU radio cavering filter design, modem, OFDM, sample rate conversion techniques.
- USRO architecture
- Interfacing USRP with PC and demonstration of practical examples such as dial tone transmission and reception, FM receiver
- Real-time applications using USRP such as FM transmitter, Mode S transponder, OpenBTS