The department of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore campus is organizing a two day Workshop on Advanced Materials and Joining Processes from February 26-27, 2016.
About the Workshop
Materials play an important role in all engineering applications and their design. Advancement in engineering technologies has led to development of newer alloys. An insight to the latest alloy developments and their processing capabilities will enhance the knowledge an engineer. This workshop primarily aims at enriching the knowledge of the participants in the field of ADVANCED MATERIALS AND JOINING PROCESSES. The workshop will lay emphasis on industrial applications of advanced materials and latest joining techniques, issues related to weldability, corrosion and failures. All the participants who are enrolling for this workshop are eligible to participate in a PAPER PRESENTATION event conducted by AMRITA IWS STUDENT FORUM. All the participants will get certificate for participation and the winners of this event will be rewarded with cash prize. The paper presentation can be on any topic relevant to the theme of the workshop.
Last Date for paper submission is February 17, 2016.
- Dr. Kamatchi Mudal, Outstanding Scientist & Associate Director (Corrosion Science and Technology Group),
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam.
- Dr. A. Srinivasan, Senior Scientist, CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Trivandrum.
- Dr. S. V. S. Narayana Murty, Scientist/Engineer 'SG', Head - Advanced Metallography Section,
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO.
- Dr. Ramesh Narayanan, Scientist/Engineer 'SG', Head - Material Characterization Division, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO.
- Dr. S. Suresh, Formerly GM & Head, Research ,WRI,BHEL, Trichy.
- Dr. N. Murugan, Professor & Head, Mechanical Engg, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Dr. V. Balusamy, Associate Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Dr. K. R. Ravi, Assistant Professor, PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore.
- Dr. R. Padmanaban, Assistant Professor, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Dr. M. Arivarasu, Assistant Professor, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Aerospace Materials
- Nuclear Materials
- Advanced Boiler materials
- Nano and Bio Materials
- Advances in Fusion and Solid state Welding
- Materials and Weldment Testing
- Corrosion of Weldment & Control