Amrita Center for Wireless Networks and Applications (AmritaWNA) will organize a workshop on Geoinformatics and Climate Change in Vidyut 2020 from January 30-31, 2020.
Geoinformatics and Climate Change - "Saving the World through Geospatial Technology"
By distinguished Trainers:
- Dr. Tarek Rashed, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer of Civilizology LLC, a private research and development company headquartered in Wyoming, USA. Former Senior Research Professor and Director of Geoinformatics at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
- Dr. Sudesh Wadhawan, Former Director-General of the Geological Survey of India. He has vast experience in environmental geology and geohazards investigations besides international exposure on different abiotic disciplines of earth system science.
- Dr. Sajith Vezhapparambu, Assistant Professor, AmritaWNA, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapaatham, Amritapuri. He worked at foreign universities for many years and his research interest is in the studies of land-atmosphere interaction and its impact on climate change using climate modeling, GIS and remote sensing technologies.
Application of Geospatial technology in various fields pertaining to
- Smart Cities/ Smart Communities
- Earth system modeling and climate change
- Environmental planning and sustainable development
Hands-on training on open source GIS software, Fun and learning Activity/ Geocaching which can help you in your career as a GIS professional.