Workshop on Game Development at Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
The CSI Student branch of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore conducted workshop on “Game Development” on March 25-27, 2014. Around 70 students participated in the workshop which was held in three days.
A brief introduction on "How to Implement Algorithms and Data Structures in Game-development" and setting of the software was done in the first day.
The second day was divided into 3 sessions. The first session was about Introduction to the Interface of the Work Environment. The second session was about Creating a Terrain for the Game. The third session was about Basics of Game Scripting like Functions and Variable. The topics covered were:
- Unity Basics
- Basic Navigation through unity interface.
- Creating abstract 3d objects.
- Studying the properties of a 3d object.
- Creating terrain using the unity.
- Terrain editor tool.
- Creating and adding the 3d-tree object.
- Painting textures over the terrain.
- Adding a camera to the view zone
The third day also saw 3 sessions. In the first session, Advanced Features of Game Scripting was covered. In the second session, The Physics of the Game-engine was explored. The last session was covered with the following topics:
- About animation
- GUI creation for the game.
- Introduction to mathematical scripting for AI scripting.
- Exploring various texture features to make the objects realistic.
- Rendering the project to the required platform.
- Test the game for bugs.