Workshop on Information Security
Amrita Center for Cybersecurity Systems & Networks at Amritapuri Campus is organizing a two - day Workshop on Information Security from February 9-10, 2015. The workshop will be handled by Joerg Simon, Head of Audit Service and Security at HIC AG, caters to all types of security professionals, from a Security Tester to an Information Security Officer, all alike.
The goal of the workshop is to educate security professionals on how IT-security is implemented and compliance tested in enterprises.
The topics to be discussed in this workshop include the following:
- State of Security Test Compliance in the Enterprise
- ISO and why it does not work for Security Tests & Research
- Compliance - Killer - an Intro to alternate, new Methods and Standards
- Exercises to compare methods and to think out of the box
- Fedora Security Lab (FSL) as a Security Test Platform
- The Open Source Security Test Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
- The Risk Assessment Values
- OSSTMM Risk Assessment Value vs Thread Modeling
- Deep Dive + Analysis according to the OSSTMM RAV
- Hacking Trust
- Trust - Analysis and Trust - Verification
- Introduction to Open Dynamic Efficiency Evaluation Methodology as a Method and Metric to calculate the financial value/ risk of a project or any activity where financial risks is involved.
Joerg Simon, Head of Audit Service and Security, HIC AG