Workshop on Knowledge Discovery with Open Source Machine Learning Tools for Science & Engineering Applications
The department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru Campus is organizing a two day workshop on “Knowledge Discovery with Open Source Machine Learning Tools for Science & Engineering Applications” in association with Computer Society of India (CSI), Student Chapter from November 6-7, 2015.
This workshop will give an insight into Machine Learning and its broad application arena using open source Machine Learning Tools with an emphasis on WEKA.
The broad range of topics covered in this workshop are:
- Data Visualization
- Association Rules
- Feature Selection & Dimensionality Reduction
- Model Selection
The workshop will give an opportunity to apply these concepts on real data sets chosen from different application domains like Image Processing, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Robotic, Bioinformatics, Socio-economic etc. during hands-on sessions using WEKA tool. This session also provide insight on using WEKA for large data sets. These practical sessions are specially designed to provide in depth understanding of above mentioned WEKA features and also well supplemented with explanatory hand-outs. As the workshop involved hand-on session number of registration will be limited to 60. The tutorials and hands-on sessions will be handled by research faculty from Amrita University.
- Chief Patron - Br. Dhanraj, Director
- Patron - Dr. Rakesh S.G., Associate Dean
- Chair - Dr. T.S.B. Sudarshan, Professor & Chair @ Department of CSE
- Convener - Dr. Deepa Gupta, Associate Professor @ Department of Mathematics
- Co-Convener - Mr. Radhakrishnan G., Assistant Professor @ Department of CSE
- Dr. N. Rakesh
- Ms. Sangita Khare
- Ms. Sasikala T.
- Ms. Sreevidya B.
- Mr. Saravanan S.
- Mr. Rajesh M.
- Dr. Geetha Manjunath - Head, Data Analytics Research Laboratory, Xerox Research Center India (XRCI)
- Dr. Srinath Srinivasa - Professor, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B)