Workshop on Virtual Labs for Educators
VALUE, an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT) is conducting a workshop for the teaching community including professors, HODs and principals on December 22, 2014.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
VALUE comprises virtual laboratory experiments based on graduate (B.Sc, B.Tech., BE) and postgraduate (M.Sc. , M.Tech., ME) curriculum in physical sciences, chemical sciences, mechanical engineering, computer science, biotechnology and biomedical engineering including neuroscience, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, computer aided drug designing, biological image analysis and bioinformatics.
This workshop is intended for all educators who wants to experience an improved teaching environment and
- To educate on the ethical practices to be followed in a lab
- To improve student performance through user- friendly simulations, and demonstrative videos
- To motivate and improve student perception during lab sessions
- To allow students to learn from interactive animations and reduce content preparation time
- To reduce examination stress in students
- Are motivated to incorporate virtualized experiments as a teaching tool
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
If you are interested in attending, please
Registration fee will be covered by the organizers. An institution can allow two faculty members to participate in this workshop. If there are more, please contact us through email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone. The total number of participants will be limited, and registration may close early if the event is full. This program is funded by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development).Every participant will be awarded certificate of participation and will also be included in our reports to MHRD. Nominal TA will be provided on proof of travel.
For queries please contact workshop coordinator at 09446007135 or email email@example.com
Thursday, December 4, 2014 - 11:45