Workshop on Xilinx Vivado System Generator and Analog Discovery Kit
The Department of Electroincs and Communication Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore campus will organize a two-day workshop on Xilinx Vivado System Generator and Analog Discovery Kit from September 21-22, 2015. The workshop will provide the best and most up-to-date research results and industry-oriented technical contents, thereby facilitating a global exchange of ideas and the identification and shaping of future trends and directions in these fields. The workshop strives to drive excellence in teaching-learning experience through setting up world class laboratory infrastructure and enabling the teaching staff and students on the latest tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Introduction to Digilent and CoreEL
- Products offering from Digilent.
- Demo for Analog Discovery on Zedboard
- Need of FPGAs for addressing high-performance DSP designs.
- Introduction to Xilinx System Generator for DSP.
- Concepts of system modeling using Simulink.
- Overview of Xilinx block sets and system modeling for hardware implementation.
- Model and simulate a DSP block using Simulink/Xilinx System Generator.
- Lab 1: Getting started with Simulink>
- Lab 2: Creating a 12 x 8 MAC Using the System Generator for DSP
- Lab 3: Signal Routing - custom system modeling for DSP applications
- Details about the hardware boards available in the Lab (Zync, Atlys, Nexys) and their use in different applications
|Mr. Alex Wong
Technical Systems Analyst at Diligent Inc.,Pullman, Washington (Spokane, Washington Area, USA)
This workshop is opened for students as well as the faculty members belonging to B.Tech. and M. Tech. stream