Ajilesh. P. P. currently serves as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Amrita Center for Wireless Networks & Applications (Amrita WNA), Amritapuri.
||2010 - 2012
||Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala
||2006 - 2009
||Kannur University, Kerala
Project Title: “Modulation of North Indian Ocean Tropical Cyclones by El Niño-Southern Oscillation” Supervisor: B. Chakrapani, Associate Professor, Department of Atmospheric Sciences Cochin University of Science and Technology.
Academic / Research Experience / Employment
Numerical Modeling Experience
- Experience in WRF-ARW Model. Simulated high-resolution rainfall events over Indian Cities and output are analyzed.
- Experience in using High Performance Computing with a peak computing power of 360TF (HP Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c) installed at CSIR-4PI for mesoscale modeling.
Seminars and Training Course Attended
- Presented a paper on “Thermodynamic Processes in Heavy Rainfall Events over Urban City: Analysis using High Resolution Observation and MesoscaleModelling” in TROPMET-2016, a national symposium on tropical meteorology: climate change and coastal vulnerability, SOA university, Bhubaneswar on 18 -21 December 2016.
- Presented a paper on “Impact of Urbanization on Rainfall and Surface Temperature Trends Over Different Indian Cities” in National Space Science Symposium – 2016, on 9-12 Feb, 2016 in VSSC, Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala.
- Presented a poster on “Analysis of Urban Rainfall Events during Monsoon Period using High Resolution Observation and MesoscaleModelling” for the Annual Monsoon Workshop 2015 and National Symposium at IITM, Pune on 23-24 Feb, 2016.
- Presented a poster titled “Modulation of Indian Ocean Tropical Cyclones By El-Nino Southern Oscillation” in TROPMET 2015; a National Symposium on “Weather and Climate Extremes” jointly organized by IMS &Punjab University, Chandigarh on 15-18 February 2015
- Attended SMART training programme on "Introduction to Satellite Scatterometry with a special emphasis of ScatSat-1‟at Ahmadabad, SAC-Bhopal campus on 23-25 November 2016.
Manuscript under Preparation
- “Analysis of Urban Rainfall Events During Monsoon Period Using High Resolution Observed Datasets and Mesoscale Modelling”
Awards / Honour Received
- Qualified CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (NET)