Damu S completed his Masters in Biotechnology from Amrita School of Biotechnology in 2011.He worked as Guest Lecturer in the Department of Biotechnology at Government College Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram,India during 2011-2012 .
He joined back Amrita School of Biotechnology in 2012 and is currently pursuing his doctoral degree in Biotechnology at Cell Biology Lab with fellowship from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR),India.
His current area of interest is in Cancer and Inflammatory Diseases via targeting cyclooxygenase (COX) pathway. More Details »»
- MSc. Biotechnology, Amrita University (2011)
- BSc. Biotechnology, Amrita University (2009)
- Guest Lecturer in Department of Biotechnology, Government College Kariavattom (2011-2012)
AWARDS / HONOR
- Award of Appreciation from Amrita University,2014
- Award of Excellence from Amrita University,2012
- Awarded Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)-Junior Research Fellowship, India ,2012
- Awarded CSIR-UGC-NET for Lectureship, 2011
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) , 2011
- The Project entitled “Modulatory Effect of Curcumin in Hypobaric Hypoxia Induced Pulmonary Edema - A Molecular Approach ” has been carried out at Defence Insitute of Physiology and Allied Science(DIPAS), Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi under the guidance of Dr.S Sarada Suryakumari
- The project entitled “Antimicrobial activity of different allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines against Klebsiella pneumoniae” was carried under the guidance of Ms. Athira O , Amrita School of Biotechnology, Amritapuri, Kollam
|Year of Publication||Publication Type||Title|
|2014||Journal Article||K. Amrutha, Nanjan, P., Shaji, S. K., Sunilkumar, D., Subhalakshmi, K., Rajakrishna, L., and Banerji, A., “Discovery of lesser known flavones as inhibitors of NF-κB signaling in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells—A SAR study”, Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry letters, vol. 24, no. 19, pp. 4735–4742, 2014.[Abstract]|