Dr. D. R. Prema
Research Interests: Entrepreneurship Development, Marketing
Dr. D. R. Prema currently serves as Professor in the Department of Commerce and Management at the School of Arts and Sciences, Amritapuri. She has 29 years of teaching experience and 17 years of research experience.
Prior to joining Amrita, Dr. Prema served as Associate Professor at Department of Commerce, Providence Women’s College, Calicut, Kerala.
Pursed Ph. D. from University of Calicut in 2004 (Title of Ph. D. Thesis: A Study on the Effectivenenss of Entrepreneurial Development Programmes for the Development of Small Scale Industries in Kerala). She has also guided M. Phil. dissertation in Management at Vinayaka University.
In 2007-2009, Dr. Prema has undertaken Minor Research Project of University Grants Commission on the topic Relationship Marketing as a Growth Strategy in Consumer Goods Market.
- Two weeks training of Entreprenurship Development Programme (EDP) conducted by District Industries Centre, Kozhikode.
- Refresher courses in Commerce in 1987, 1996, 2002, 2008 conducted by Academic Staff College, University of Calicut.
Membership in Professional Bodies
Life Member, Malabar Natural History Society, Voluntary Environment Education & Conservation Organisation, Calicut.
- Member Board of Studies in Commerce (UG) , University of Calicut (2006)
- NCC Officer-in-charge (1986-88)
- Co-ordinator - Entrepreneurship Development Club affiliated to directorate ofIndustries and commerce, Govt. of Kerala
- Co-ordinator - Tourism club affiliated to DTPC, Govt. of Kerala
- NSS Programme Officer (2007-2010)
Besides Dr. Prema attended several seminars and workshops in Commerce and also co-ordinated national seminars in the college sponsored UGC and organised Entrpreneurship awareness programs and industrial motivation campaigns for members of Kudumbasree units of the adopted villages of the college.
- Yuvasamrambhakare varthaedukkan Samrambakathwa club- naleyude nambukal” – vyavasaya keralam magazine, Vol.44(11), P.23-25 Published by Directorate of Industries &Commerce, Govt. of Kerala.
- “Comparative Study of Products and Services offered to various HNI clients by various commercial banks," International Journal of Functional Management, ISSN No.2319 -1406, Issue No.1, Volume No.2, Pp.188-190, April 2014.