Dr. Pooja Sharma
Dr. Pooja Sharma Holds Ph. D. in management from faculty of management Studies (Mohanlal Sukhadia University) Udaipur, Rajasthan. She has over 9 years of experience in the field of teaching & industry. She has worked at ICICI Bank Ltd. Retail Assets department for 2 years in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Her doctoral research was on “Patterns of Advertising on television: An Empirical Study“ The research analyzed that every television channel is positioned for certain segment and how the advertisers utilizes these channel space as media vehicles to advertise their offering. The patterns of advertising vary differently across the TV Channels and how each patterns appeal to intent segment. Although these seems to be very natural proposition, but the same has been substantiated by the research analysis and logic.
Her area of expertise is in the field of marketing & teaching various marketing core courses. She is an Adjunct Faculty at University at Buffalo, (UB) The State University of New York (SUNY).
She has published & submitted research paper to various national & International journals, done book reviews & attended various seminar and conferences. She serves as paper reviewer for international journal International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE).
Intellectual work, Research Work & Publications
- Published research paper (co-authored with Dr. Savita Bhat) abstract in Conference Proceedings (ISBN No. 978-81-928560-0-1) paper titled “Understanding the Influencing & Motivating Factors behind Buying Patterns of Rural Consumer: An Analysis” as part of the track Understanding Consumer Buying Behavior by Listening to the Voice of the Customer at the 2014 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Board, held at IIM Lucknow (Noida campus) during January 9-11, 2014.
- Published a Research Paper titled “Advertising Effectiveness: “Understanding the value of Creativity in Advertising”, A Review Study in India,” in Online Journal of Communication and Media Technologies (OJCMT) Volume: 2, Issue: 3, July - 2012. (listed in cabell's)
- Written article for leading English Newspaper “Indian Express” titled “The new era of marketing communication Getting Real” for its special Business School supplementary issue, March 2010.
- Paper Reviewer for the International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE).
- Published a Research Paper entitled "An Empirical Study of Compatibility of Advertising Channels and Product Categories" in the Indian Journal of Marketing year July 2007.
- Published a Case (co-authored with Dr. Deepika M.G.) on "Rebranding Bajaj: Dropping the Family name in the Two Wheeler segment" published in the book “Case Study in Management: Theory to practice”.(ISBN: 978-81-920730-1-9) The book published by Humming word Publisher.
- Published a Book review on Marketing Management: Global Perspective Indian Context Authors: V S Ramaswamy & S Namakumari, Publisher: Macmillan Publishers India ltd.
- Participated and presented research paper titled “Understanding the Influencing & Motivational Factors behind Buying Patterns of Rural Consumer: An Analysis” (co-authored with Dr. Savita Bhat) as part of the track Understanding Consumer Buying Behavior by Listening to the Voice of the Customer at the 2014 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Board, held at IIM Lucknow (Noida campus) during January 9-11, 2014.
- Presented and Participated Research paper titled “Building an Effective Supply Chain Model for Kirana Stores in India through MFI Intermediation: A Market Potential Analysis" (co-authored with Dr. Deepika M.G.) at 2nd International Workshop on Inclusive Finance: Making Finance and Insurance Markets Work for the Poor conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur in September 13-15 2013.
- Presented a Paper titled “Marketers Are Finding New Strategy through Innovative Marketing Communications, Will Consumer respond? An Empirical Study” in the International Conference Convergence 2013 “Role of Innovation in Business” at IFIM Bangalore conference The Conference was organized by IFIM & Academic Partners University of Applied Sciences, Lubeck- Germany and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in May 16-17 2013.
- Participated in India Platform ‘Europe-India International research Forum “SAMYOGA” a match making event’. The Event was organized by India Platform on 2nd to 4th April 2013 and hosted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University).
- Presented Research paper Titled “Factors Influencing Sales Efficiency of Automotive Sector In India: A Panel Data Analysis” (co-authored with Dr. Amalendu Jyotishi) at National Conference on Recent Trends in Marketing - Opportunities and Challenges at Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli in 20th Feb 2013.
- Case Presented:"Rebranding Bajaj: Dropping the Family Name from the two wheeler segment” (Co authored with Dr. Deepika MG) presented in International Case competition organised by Dhruva College of Management Hyderabad in collaboration with Global Management Center, California State University, San Bernardino, USA held at Hyderabad on December 1, 2011.
- Invited for Guest Lecture at University at Buffalo Asia @ noon series Delivered lecture on “Reach Indian Rural Market through Creative advertising” at Asia@ noon series at University at Buffalo, State University of New York (SUNY), The United States of America (USA), April - 2011.