Dr. Prathapan Nair P.
He earned his MBBS from Kerala University in 1971 and completed his Diploma in ENT from Mysore University in 1976 and MS Degree in ENT from the same University in 1978.
He has over 26 years of combined work experience in clinics, research and academics in various Government Medical Colleges prior to joining AIMS in 2002.
Clinical interests include rhinology, laryngology and rhinoplasty. He has published over 13 papers in state and national journals and is a postgraduate teacher and examiner for MBBS and MS (ENT) in various medical universities.
- Role of GERD in children with Otitis media with effusion – Indian Journal Pediatrics (October 2012)
- Peripheral Ameloblastoma involving tongue - A rare case (VOL 50, No: 4, 1998) (IJLO)
- Rosai Dorfman disease-An unusal presentation - A case report (IJLO)
- Lepus of the Nose (IJLO)
- Pleomorphic Adenoma of the septum (IJLO)
- Entomophthoromycoss-Presenting with cervical lymphadenopathy.Vol:4, No 2, Aug 1996 (KJLO)
- Laryngeal tuberculosis.Vol :3, No. 4, April 1996(KJLO)
- Superior laryngeal nerve block (KJLO)
- Bilateral bronchial foreign body. Vol : 4, No 2, Aug 98 (KJLO)
- ENT - Vol – XX Solitary Neuro Fibroma of Tonsils –2007 Dec (KJLO)
CLINICAL TRIALS (conducted as Principal Investigator for Pfizer)
- Effectiveness of Azithromycin SR in sinusitis.
- Effectiveness of Azithromycin SR in children with GABHS Pharyngitis.
- Effectiveness of Azithromycin SR in adults with GABHS Pharyngitis.