Dr. Radhika N.
Dr. Radhika N. currently serves as Associate Professor at Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Coimbatore Campus. Her areas of research include Machine Design, Welding Technology and Composite Materials.
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, Coimbatore, 2012
- ME Engineering Design, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, 2002
- BE Mechanical Engineering, VLB Janaki Ammal College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore, 2001
|Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||May 2012 to till date|
|Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||July 2009 – April 2012|
|Senior Lecturer||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||July 2007 – June 2009|
|Lecturer||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore||June 2006 – June 2007|
|Lecturer||Karunya University, Coimbatore||September 2004 – June 2006|
|Lecturer||Velammal Engineering College, Chennai||June 2003 – September 2004|
|Research Associate||Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai||June 2002 – December 2002|
Investigations on Wear, Machinability and Tool Condition Monitoring of Hybrid Aluminium Composites
- Composite Materials
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Functionally Graded Materials
- Design of Experiments
- Surface Modification Processes
Sponsored Project (on-going)
- Development of Functionally-Graded Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites and to Investigate the Mechanical and Tribological Properties.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Functionally Graded Copper Metal Matrix Composites
Established -Tribology Research Laboratry under Department of Mechanical Engineering with the project support from DST.
Reviewer for International Journals
- Journal of Particulate Science and Technology
- World Journal of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Tribology-Materials, Surfaces and Interfaces
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
- Tribology in Industry
- Journal of Industrial Lubrication and Tribology
- Journal of Engineering Science and Technology
- Engineering Science and Technology- an International Journal
- International Journal of Materials Research
Workshops/Short-term Courses Attended
- National Workshop on “Finite Element Analysis” organized by Karpagam College of Engineering during October 2003.
- Workshop on “Advanced Welding Techniques” (hotel residency, Coimbatore), organized by Indian welding society, Coimbatore centre, 2005.
- National Workshop on “Advanced Materials and Their Properties” organized by Indian Welding Society and Amrita IWS student Forum, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, during March 20-21, 2014.
- National Workshop on “Recent Trends in Manufacturing” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, during March 27-28, 2014.
- National workshop on “ Topics in Engineering Failure Analysis” organized by Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore and Society for Failure Analysis, Hyderabad, during April 26, 2014.
- Short-term course on “Thermal and CFD Analysis using ANSYS” conducted by KEC-AU FRG Center for CAD/CAM during May 2002.
- Short-term Training Programme on “Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with Special Reference to Food Industries” for two weeks organized by Kongu Engineering College during March 2004.
- All India Seminar on “Composites for Engineering Applications” organized by The Institution of Engineers (INDIA) Coimbatore local centre under the Aegis of Interdisciplinary Coordination Committee held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, during July 20-21, 2012.
- Innovate India 2015 conference on “Make in India: Opportunities Through Innovation” organized by National Research Development Corporation, New Delhi and PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, during February 25-26, 2015.