Ms. Karthika Rajan currently serves as Senior Research Fellow at the School of Biotechnology. She is a post graduate in Biotechnology from Amrita school of Biotechnology, Amritapuri. She developed a special interest in snake venom toxins during her graduate studies. She is currently pursuing her doctoral studies in Biotechnology at Venomics Lab.
- Msc Biotechnology from Amrita School of Biotechnology, Amrita University (2010)
- Bsc. Biotechnology from Amrita School of Biotechnology, Amrita University (2008)
- Senior Research Fellow, Amrita School of Biotechnology
- Junior Research Fellow , Amrita School of Biotechnology (Present)
- Research Assistant, Biotechnology Virtual labs, Amrita School of Biotechnology (28/07/10-30/05/12)
- Worked as content developer for Biotechnology virtual labs, Amrita University
- Project titled ‘Partial purification and Characterization of Snake venom Proteins in Preparation for Development of Peptide Inhibitors’ was carried out under the guidance of Dr. Martin Reick, Associate professor, Amrita School of Biotechnology, Amritapuri
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECT
- Developing inhibitory peptides against toxic components present in Russell’s viper venom
AWARDS / HONOR
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2010.
|Year of Publication||Publication Type||Title|
|2012||Journal Article||Bipin G. Nair Dr., Krishnan, R., Nizar, N., Radhamani, R., Rajan, K., Yoosef, A., Sujatha, G., Radhamony, V., Dr. Achuthan, K., and Dr. Diwakar, S., “Role of ICT-enabled visualization-oriented virtual laboratories in Universities for enhancing biotechnology education – VALUE initiative: Case study and impacts”, FormaMente, vol. VII, pp. 1-2, 2012.|