Nandesh Nair currently serves as Research Assistant in Amrita Center for Wireless Networks & Applications (AmritaWNA), Amritapuri
Previously worked as an ERP Analyst Developer at Moteo N.V, Kontich, Belgium and as a Software Programmer at National Informatics Centre, New Delhi, India.
Traineeships at Amrita E-Learning Research Labs, Kerala, India and Alston Technologies, New Delhi, India.
Briefly worked as a Freelance Web Developer.
- MS (Information Management)Cum Laude / Distinction, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2013 – 2014
- B. Tech. (Information Technology) First Class, Amrita University, Kerala, India, 2004 – 2008
|February 2015 - Present||Research Associate at Amrita University|
|April 2013 - September 2013||Software Developer Trainee at Alston Technologies|
|October 2011 - February 2013||ERP Analyst Developer at Moteo Group|
|March 2009 -September 2010||Software Programmer at National Informatics Center (Government Of India)|
|September 2008 - February 2009||Web Developer at Freelance Web Programmer|
|May 2008 - August 2008||Project Trainee at Amrita E-Learning Research Labs|
- Teaching OOP and fundamentals of Java Programming to Master's Students.
- Co-guiding Master's students with thesis work.
- Assisting Professors to review Master's thesis.
- Attended a talk on "The origin of the universe" by Stephen Hawking at KU Leuven.
- Listed in the merit list of the aptitude test conducted by National Institute of Information Technologies (NIIT) nationwide.
- Participated and coordinated the ‘International Symposium on Data, Information & Knowledge Spectrum’ chaired by Dr. Bharat Jayaram, Professor and Chair , C.S.E Dept., State University at Buffalo, New York, United States.
- Participated in coding contests organized by IBM, SUN Microsystems, Google.
- Attended a workshop called ‘Corporate Theatre' conducted by Mr. Paul Mathew, Director of the ‘Academy for Transformational Learning’, Chennai.
- Big Data Fundamentals (APTECH Computer Education), December 2014
- SAP ABAP Workbench Solution Consultant (Certificate ID : 0006040615), November 2009
- Fundamentals of Java Programming (CISCO Systems Inc.), October 2008
- C++ Programming Language (APTECH Computer Education), March 2005
- Data Structures (APTECH Computer Education), February 2006
- Oracle Databases training
- Rational Rose training
- German Language Level 1, Centrum voor Levende Talen - CLT (KU Leuven) November 2010
- Dutch Language Level 1, Groep T February 2012
- Dutch Language Level 2, Groep T September 2012
- International English Language Testing System, British Council July 2010
- Shaping up with Angular.js, Code School
Comparison of Snowflake and Star schema: IBM Technical Exploration Centre, Brussels
October 2011 – March 2012
To collect performance statistics of the Star and Snowflake data warehouse design schemas in respect to the following five comparison factors:
- Query execution time (excluding data fetch time);
- Disk space;
- Number of CPU instructions used;
- Number of pages I/Os;
- Average number of buffer pages used.
Tools Used: IBM InfoSphere Data Architect 220.127.116.11, DataStage and QualityStage 8.1,
IBM Cognos Framework Manger 10.1, IBM Cognos Report Studio 10.1,
IBM DB2 v18.104.22.168, Data Generator 2010 for DB2, Aqua Data Studio 9.0
Voice Based Plug-in for Internet Explorer 7
October 2007 – March 2008
Bachelor's Thesis: Scored A Grade
To developed a voice based plug-in for Internet Explorer 7 to facilitate speech enabled web browsing
Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008