Remya Ramachandran currently serves as Assistant Professor at the department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, Amrita School of Medicine and Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences. She pursued her MSc in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology.
Remya has eight year and ten months of total work experience (Teaching Experience: 6.10 year; Clinical Experience:8 years 10 months).
- As an Audiologist proficient in diagnosing and rehabilitating hearing loss and vestibular disorders in adults and children.
- Experience in performing various audiological evaluations like pure tone audiometry, immittance audiometry, electrolophysiological testing including ABR,ASSR,DPOAE,TEOAE,BC-ABR, vestibular evoked myogenic potentials(O-VEMP and C-VEMP).
- Proficient in implantable hearing devices (selection, pre operative counselling, intra operative NRT, cochlear implant switch on, mapping, auditory verbal therapy,trouble shooting,BAHA fitting and programming).
- Has trained in auditory verbal therapy.
- Proficient in hearing aid programming, dispensing and trouble shooting.
- As a speech language pathologist ,proficient diagnosing and rendering services to children and adults with communication disorders.
- Experience in delivering therapies to children and adult with communication disorders.
- Competent in administering various speech and language test materials and also in handling instruments like DR SPEECH, Vaghmi , spirometer.
- Successfully completed dissertation titled ''Malayalam picture vocabulary test''as a part of post graduation curriculum in March 2007.
- Done statistical survey in Payyannur taluk in association with SSA to find out the prevalence and incidence of hearing impaired children.
- Peer reviewer for article'' Effect of short term and long term polysystic ovarian disease on voice''. A preliminary study.(Published in Archives of Medicine and Health sciences.).
- Done peer review for article “ Speech characteristics and swallowing function post mandibulectomy”.A case study. Published in archives of Medical and health science 2013.
- Presented paper titled “ Can implantable hearing devices an option for Michel's deformity”, oral presentation in AUDISHCON in Dr. Chandrashekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing, Bangalore on 10 March 2016.