Dr. S. G. Kulkarni
Qualification: Ph. D. [Nagpur University], PGDBM [XLRI Jamshedpur (1979)], BE (Metallurgy) [VNIT, Nagpur (1972)]
Eight years of research and production experience in TISCO and TRF Jamshedpur, followed by eighteen years experience in sales and marketing at senior managerial positions with reputed organisations like Philips India, ESAB India, and Advani Oerlikon Ltd in different locations in India. Was trained in sales and marketing in ESAB AB in Sweden and Germany. Twelve years of teaching experience at Amrita.
He is also Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Management, University at Buffallo, New York, and Member of Board of Studies in Business Management in Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. He is currently the Professor at Amrita School of Business. He has guided more than 200 MBA students in Summer Projects in the Marketing area.
- Faculty Coordinator for Placements from 1998 to 2001
- Alumni Coordinator from 1998 to 2010
- Served 18 years as Professor of Marketing in Amrita School of Business
- 18 years in senior managerial positions in Sales & Marketing in reputed organisations like Philips India, ESAB India and Advani Oerlikon in different locations in India
- 3.5 years as Sr. Welding Engineer in TRF Jamshedpur
- 4.5 years as Research Assistant in R&D TISCO