Dr. Shriram K. Vasudevan
Dr. Shriram K. Vasudevan is an M Tech, MBA, PhD with over 9 years of industrial and academic experience. He received his master’s degree and Doctorate in the field of Embedded Systems. He has worked with major multinational companies like Wipro and Aricent Technologies; and been to USA on a technical assignment while functioning for WIPRO technologies. He was also closely associated with VIT University. Presently, he is employed at Amrita University and serves as an Assistant Professor – Department of Computer Science and Engineering. He has authored/co-authored 23 books in various fields and is currently authoring 3 more books. He has published 92 international papers and still counting. He, along with his students had demonstrated the use of a device that binds the concept of augmented reality at human fingers and had been to San Francisco related to the project. He had been to Dubai, UAE and has been trained by Barcode Gulf LLC on handheld devices. Being an innovative “techie” himself, he not only gets updated with new technology every now and then, but also persuades his students to put forward their ideas and supports them enormously to get it implemented. Students being a vital backup for him; he has guided so many of them to get their ideas patented, publish papers in famous journals and do creative projects under his supervision. He believes in transferring the knowledge one has learnt, to another person and working with sheer hard work and dedication to achieve the ultimate goal. Mentioning just a few prominent achievements among the many; he was awarded by Wipro Technologies, Infosys, and VIT University for his technical skills. His inventions obtained him the inventor award from intellectual ventures. Although a person with a general flare for much of the technical concepts; he showcases strong interest in the areas of Operating Systems, Embedded Systems and Networking.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Recipient of Young Engineer 2015-16 from Institute of Engineers (India) in computer science division.
- Selected for Indian Academy of Sciences Summer Fellowship - 2016
- World Record Holder – With Sister Subashri Vasudevan – Only Siblings in the world to have authored 9 books together. Entry in, Unique Book of World Records.
- Appreciated by Texas Instruments for my guidance for innovation contest.
- The startup I mentor, GetVu, has been awarded as “one of the top 30 start-ups” for the year 2014-15 by Amrita TBI.
- Winner of ICTACT’s Best Techno Faculty Award (Special Trend Setter) – 2015. (ICTACT is an organization created jointly by Govt of TamilNadu and Govt of India)
- Winner of Amrita TBI-TIDE Innovation Contest – bright idea award - 2014-2015, An event organized by Amrita Technology Business Incubator for all the five campuses of Amrita University.
- Winner of Best Academic Researcher – 2014, from ASDF @ Thailand.
- Winner of Shri. P.K. DAS Memorial Award – Best Faculty CSE – Junior – NGI, Coimbatore – 2013.
- “Distinguished Facilitator Award (Technical) – Inspire Faculty award by Infosys technologies, Bangalore @ 2013.
- “Research Award ” – by Amrita University @ 2013,14 and 15
- Winner of ASDF – Best Computer Science Faculty Global Award – 2013. (http://asdf.org.in/asdf-global-awards-titlers/)
- Facilitated by Robert Bosch for making students win in Inscribe 2012 competition.
- “Best Performer” rating for the year 2011 from ARICENT Technologies.
- “Inventor Award”by Intellectual Ventures India @ 2010. (Invention ID:IN-811577)
- “Research Award” by VIT University @ 2010.
- “Feather in My Cap” by Wipro Technologies @ 2007.
|Year of Publication||Publication Type||Title|
|2016||Journal Article||Pa Ravali, Vasudevan, S. K., and Sundaram, R. M. Dc, “Open Air Interface - Adaptability perspective”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9, 2016.[Abstract]|
|2016||Journal Article||S. K. Vasudevan, Venkatachalam, K., Anandaram, S., and Menon, A. J., “A novel method for circuit recognition through image processing techniques”, Asian Journal of Information Technology, vol. 15, pp. 1146-1150, 2016.[Abstract]|
|2016||Journal Article||S. K. Vasudevan, Anandaram, S., Menon, A. J., and Aravinth, A., “A novel improved honey bee based load balancing technique in cloud computing environment”, Asian Journal of Information Technology, vol. 15, pp. 1425-1430, 2016.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||Sa Swathi, Sri, PbPurnima, Abhishek, S. Nb, and Vasudevan, S. K., “An extensive review on generations of growth in telecommunication”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 10, pp. 3049-3060, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||V. Parthasarathi, Surya, M., Akshay, B., K. Siva, M., and Vasudevan, S. K., “Smart control of traffic signal system using image processing”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 8, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||R. B. Sundaram, Vasudevan, S. K., Aravind, E., Karthick, G., and Harithaa, S., “Smart car design using RFID”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 8, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||T. V. K. Sushil Kumar, Chandrasekhar, J., Vasudevan, S. K., and Balachandran, A., “An analysis of effect of wing walls on natural ventilation”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 8, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||K. V. S. Jaharsh Samayan, Vasudevan, S. K., and Balachandran, A., “Dynamic tracking of web activity accessed by users using cookies”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, vol. 10, pp. 841-843, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||S. Athira, Gopal, S., Krishna, G. H. G., and Vasudevan, S. K., “An innovative and effective approach for sclera detection”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 8, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2015||Journal Article||P. Subathra, Deepika, R., Yamini, K., Arunprasad, P., and Vasudevan, S. K., “A study of open source data mining tools and its applications”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, vol. 10, pp. 1108-1132, 2015.[Abstract]|
|2014||Journal Article||R. B. Sundaram, Aravind, E., Harithaa, S., Karthick, G., and Vasudevan, S. K., “Revolutionizing technology prioritizing emergency vehicles in traffic”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, pp. 886-891, 2014.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||Ga Murugesan, Vasudevan, S. K., Ramachandran, Sc, Vasudevan, Sd, and Arumugam, Be, “Vehicle identification using fuzzy adaline neural network”, Journal of Computer Science, vol. 9, pp. 757-762, 2013.[Abstract]|
|2013||Journal Article||Ra Sivaraman, Vasudevan, S. K., Kannegulla, Ac, and Reddy, AdSalivahana, “Sensor based smart traffic regulatory/control system”, Information Technology Journal, vol. 12, pp. 1863-1867, 2013.[Abstract]|
|Year of Publication||Publication Type||Title|
|2016||Book||S. K. Vasudevan, Vasudevan, S., Velusamy, K., and N. Radhika, Dictionary of Computer Science. New Delhi : IK International Publishing, 2016, p. 306.[Abstract]|
|2016||Book||S. K. Vasudevan, Kothari, D. P., Vasudevan, S., and D., S. R. M., Linux (International Edition from UK), International Edition from UK. New Academic Science Publishing House (UK), 2016.|