Prof. C. S. Udhayakumar
40 years of corporate industry, consultancy and teaching experience. He was an educator and consultant for Yoga Education, Life Skills and Personal Growth programs for many organizations like Madras Port Trust, National Institute of Port Management (NIPM), IOB Staff College, LIC Zonal Training Centre, Tube Products of India, TI Cycles of India, Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd., Carborundum Universal Ltd., Rane (I) Ltd., Ponds (I) Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services, New India Assurance, Clarke School for the mentally retarded, K.J.Hospital, BPL Sanyo, Palakkad, Palakkad Management Association, INS Agrani Naval Academy, Coimbatore and many others.
Publications include a) A compiled and edited volume titled ‘Beyond Personality - Collected Works on Self Awareness and Personal Growth’ and b) ‘Useful Guidelines Concerning Yoga Practices’. Has presented and read a number of papers of Yoga, Values, Spirituality, Personal Growth, New Education etc in various international and national conferences and seminars in the country.
He started his teaching career in the art and science of Yoga and Yoga Therapy in the year 1976 when he joined the YOGA ACADEMY, an offshoot of the Swami Sivananda Vedanta Yoga Center, founded by Swami Vishnudevananda who was one of the chief disciples of Swami Sivananda of the Divine Life Society, Rishikesh and under the tutelage of the late Dr. B.V.Reddy.
He had his vocational education and higher studies in Yoga, Yoga Therapy and allied subjects in KAIVALYADHAMA, Lonavla in Pune and also in the KYM Institute of Yoga Studies, Chennai, under the guidance of Dr. T.K.V.Desikachar, son of the legendary Mysore T. Krishnamacharya. He was also closely and intimately associated with the Krishnamurti Foundation India (KFI) and was with their new education schools both in Varanasi and Chennai for several years. He was the Founder-Director of ‘YOGAKSHETHRAM-Foundation for Yoga Studies’ in Chennai before joining the Amrita family in Coimbatore as a full time faculty in 1996.
M. A. (Sociology), M. Sc. (Yoga), T. C. Y. (Kaivalyadhama), P. G. Dip. (Yoga), P. G. Dip. (Guidance and Counseling), Dip. (Saiva Siddhantham), Cert. (Indian Psychology)
- Chief Yoga Teacher in charge of teaching and other activities in YOGA ACADEMY, Chennai - 1974 to 1982
- Yoga Teacher and Housemaster in The Rajghat School, Krishnamurti Foundation India, Varanasi, U.P. - 1982 to 1983
- Yoga Education Teacher at 'The School', Krishnamurti Foundation India, Chennai - 1983 to 1993
- Chief Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist in YOGA BROTHERHOOD, Chennai - 1983 to 1989
- Founder-Director of YOGAKSHETRAM (Foundation for Yoga Studies), Chennai - 1989 to 1997
Read/Wrote papers on
- Co-Authored “THE EFFECT OF VALUE BASED EDUCATION ON MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS” at the Academic Conference on Education, Teaching and E-Learning, Prague, Czech Republic, 2015.
- Co-Authored “INFINITY UNDER A ROOF – DISCOVERING THE MANY UNKNOWNS OF VALUE BASED SPIRITUAL EDUCATION” at BHPE Society’s Conference, 2015
- Invited Panel Speaker in the International Conference on Yoga for Holistic Health, Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi, 21st and 22nd June 2015.
He has also attended and participated in the following conferences, seminars and workshops:
- 5th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, SVYASA, Bangalore, 1999.
- 14th International Management Development Workshop on 'Management by Human Values', IIM-C, Kolkata, 2001.
- 12th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, SVYASA, Bangalore, 2001.
- 4th International Conference on Yoga Research and Value Education, Kaivalyadhama, Pune, 2002.
- International Retreat on 'Evolutionary Enlightenment' by Andrew Cohen of EnlightenNext, Rishikesh, 2005.
- National Seminar on Value Based Education and Corporate Governance at the University of Mysore, 2007
- National Seminar on Holistic Approach in Healing at L.N.I.P.E., Gwalior, 2007
- 17th International Conference on Yoga at SVYASA, Bangalore, 2007.
- National Seminar on Indian Psychology, SVYASA, Bangalore, 2007.
- Facilitator for an FDP for the teachers of Aishwarya Public School, Payyanur, Kollam, Kerala, 19th March 2015.
- Innovative Pedagogy award in the Indian Management Conclave, July 2015 at ISB, Hyderabad.
- Panelist in the International Conference on Yoga for Holistic Health, Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi, June, 2015.
- Innovative Pedagogy award in the Indian Management Conclave, July 2015 at ISB, Hyderabad
He was consultant for Yoga Education, Life Skills, Self Awareness and Personal Growth, Stress Management programmes for various organizations like:
- Madras Port Trust
- National Institute of Port Management (NIPM)
- IOB Staff College,
- LIC Zonal Training Centre
- Tube Products of India
- TI Cycles of India
- Tamilnadu Petroproducts Ltd.
- Carborundum Universal Ltd.
- Rane (I) Ltd.,
- Ponds (I) Ltd.,
- Tata Consultancy Services
- New India Assurance,
- Clarke School for the mentally retarded,
- BPL Sanyo, Palakkad,
- Palakkad Management Association,
- INS Agrani Naval Academy, Coimbatore and others.
|Year of Conference||Publication Type||Title|
|2014||Conference Paper||C. S. Udhayakumar, “NEW EDUCATION FOR A NEW WORLD”, in 3rd International Conference on Spirituality : The Essence of Ethical Leadership and Management in Varanasi, 2014.|
|2007||Conference Proceedings||C. S. Udhayakumar, “YOGA AND PERSONAL GROWTH”, National Seminar on Indian Psychology. SVYASA, Bangalore, 2007.|
|2007||Conference Proceedings||C. S. Udhayakumar, “NEED OF YOGA IN MODERN AGE”, National Seminar on Holistic Approach in Healing at L.N.I.P.E. Gwalior, 2007.|
|2007||Conference Proceedings||C. S. Udhayakumar, “YOGA AND VALUES”, National Seminar on Value Based Education and Corporate Governance. University of Mysore, 2007.|
|2002||Conference Proceedings||C. S. Udhayakumar, “YOGA, VALUES AND SPIRITUALITY”, 4th International Conference on Yoga Research and Value Education. Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla, Pune, 2002.|