Udhayakumar C. S.
37 years of varied teaching experience. Publications include a) two-volume compilation titled ‘Beyond Personality-Collected Works on Self Awareness and Personal Growth’ b) ‘Useful Guidelines of Yoga Practices’; also written articles for Indian Express. Presented and read papers on topics like yoga, values, spirituality and personal growth in various international and national conferences and seminars in the country. Presently working on two books on yoga and allied sciences. Was facilitator and consultant for Yoga Education, Stress Management and Personal Growth programmes for organizations like Madras Port Trust, National Institute of Port Management, IOB Staff College, LIC Zonal Training Centre, Tube Products of India, TI Cycles of India, Carborundum Universal Ltd., Rane (I) Ltd., Ponds (I) Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai, New India Assurance, Clarke School for the mentally challenged, K.J.Hospitals, BPL Sanyo, Palakkad Management Association, INS Agrani Naval Academy, Coimbatore etc. Was also closely associated with the Krishnamurti Foundation India (KFI) and was with their new education schools both in Varanasi and Chennai for a number of years. He started his teaching career in the art and science of Yoga and Yoga Therapy in the year 1976 when he joined YOGA ACADEMY, an offshoot of the Swami Sivananda Vedanta Yoga Centre, founded by Swami Vishnudevananda, one of the chief disciples of Swami Sivananda of the Divine Life Society, Rishikesh and under the tutelage and affectionate guidance of the late Dr.B.V.Reddy. He had his vocational education and higher studies in Yoga, Yoga Therapy and allied subjects in Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla, Pune and also in KYM Institute of Yoga Studies, Chennai, under the guidance of Sri T.K.V.Desikachar, son of the legendary Mysore T.Krishnamacharya.
He was the Founder-Director of ‘YOGAKSHETHRAM-Foundation for Yoga Studies’ in Chennai before joining the Amrita family as a full-time faculty in 1996.
1. Was the Chief Yoga Teacher in charge of teaching and other activities in YOGA ACADEMY, Chennai - 1974 to 1982
2. Yoga Teacher and Housemaster in The Rajghat School, Krishnamurti Foundation India, Varanasi, U.P. - 1982 to 1983
3. Yoga Education Teacher at 'The School', Krishnamurti Foundation India, Chennai - 1983 to 1993
4. Chief Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist in YOGA BROTHERHOOD, Chennai - 1983 to 1989
5. Founder-Director of YOGAKSHETRAM (Foundation for Yoga Studies), Chennai - 1989 to 1997
- Booklet on "Useful Guidelines Concerning Yoga Practices", 1989.
- A Compiled and Edited Work Titled "Beyond Personality - Collected works on Self-Awareness and Personal Growth", 2003.
PRESENTLY WORKING ON
1. "Popular Misconceptions of Yoga"
2. "Yoga - A Way of Life"
3. "Questions and Answers About Yoga"
PRESENTED AND READ PAPERS ON:
- "YOGA AND PERSONAL GROWTH", at the National Seminar on Indian Psychology, SVYASA, Bangalore, December 2007.
- "NEED OF YOGA IN MODERN AGE", at the National Seminar on Holistic Approach in Healing at L.N.I.P.E., Gwalior, October 2007.
- "YOGA AND VALUES", at the National Seminar on Value Based Education and Corporate Governance at the University of Mysore, February 2007.
- "YOGA, VALUES AND SPIRITUALITY", at the 4th International Conference on Yoga Research and Value Education held in Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla, Pune, December 2002.
- "SELF-AWARENESS AND PERSONAL GROWTH", at the International Conference on Integrating Spirituality and Organizational Leadership in Auroville, Pondicherry, February 2009.
ATTENDED OR PARTICIPATED CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS:
- National Seminar on Indian Psychology, SVYASA, Bangalore, 2007.
- 17th International Conference on Yoga at SVYASA, Bangalore, 2007.
- National Seminar on Holistic Approach in Healing at L.N.I.P.E., Gwalior, 2007.
- National Seminar on Value Based Education and Corporate Governance at the University of Mysore, 2007.
- International Retreat on 'Evolutionary Enlightenment' by Andrew Cohen of EnlightenNext, Rishikesh, 2005.
- 4th International Conference on Yoga Research and Value Education, Kaivalyadhama, Pune, 2002.
- 12th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, SVYASA, Bangalore, 2001.
- 14th International Management Development Workshop on 'Management by Human Values', IIM-C, Kolkata, 2001.
- 5th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, SVYASA, Bangalore, 1999.