4+1 Integrated Masters Program with University of New Mexico, USA for AY 2016 -17
Amrita Center for International Programs is proud to present the latest opportunity: 4+1 Dual Degree program with University of New Mexico, USA. This opportunity is available for current 4thyear Engineering students who wish to do their MS Program in UNM, USA for their Masters at UNM for A/Y 2016-17. University of New Mexico is a public research university located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Noted for its beautiful campus and distinctive pueblo-style architecture, UNM offers more than 200 national recognized degree programs. U.S. News and World Report's 2015 edition of America's Best Graduate Schools ranks the UNM 87th nationally, with Electrical and Chemical prominent among other engineering stream in US.
The 4+1 Program provides students a platform to complete their B. Tech and MS in just 5 years. Per the agreement with UNM, students would complete their B. Tech. program with Amrita and would be required travel to UNM to do their Final Year. After successful completion of Final Year in UNM and subsequent transfer of credits, the student would be awarded a B. Tech. from Amrita and an MS from UNM, USA.
Requirements and Merits:
- GRE: is not required for student applying through the 4+1 program
- TOEFL: is not required. English Proficiency certificate from Amrita would suffice.
- CREDIT Requirement: Students need to have completed 120 credits before starting UNM coursework. Some Amrita credits will be transferred to UNM to satisfy Masters requirements.
- Tuition / Scholarship: Students will pay tuition and mandatory student fees posted at here. (Discounts on non-resident base tuition and mandatory fees are available to eligible groups of 10 or more students from Amrita. All students will have same opportunity as other UNM students to apply for Graduate assistantships or financial assistance at UNM.)
- Health / Medical Insurance: will have to be purchased by students, students will be responsible for their living and travel expenses.
Amrita Center for International Program invites application from current 3rd year B. Tech students from the below mentioned streams. Interested students would be guided on the next steps to be considered for Application in UNM for 2017.
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electronics & Communication
- Electronics & Instrumentation
Students from the above streams can apply for the below specializations offered in UNM: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Construction, Computer Science, Biological, Nuclear, Aerospace, Electrical (Electronics), Computer Engineering.
IMP: UNM will only accept applications from students who have a CGPA of 8 and above.
DEADLINE: 15th April 2016, Online Applications to UNM has to be completed by 1st May 2016
For further questions please contact:
Sujatha / Reshmi / Anandi
Coordinator, AMRITA Center for International Programs
Further queries regarding the program may be sent to email@example.com